Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any1 bother doing anything to the handling on the megane as I had abit of side ways action on the way home tonight and wasn't expecting it at all lol

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Not many do, it pretty good the way it comes.

Anyhow driving looking out the side window is much more fun!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
It takes little effort to go sideways in the megane. (even with Conti Sport 5's all round)

A decent Scandinavian flick sends her well on her way.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Or trail breaking heavily into the bend / giving the middle pedal a good nudge with your left foot :yes[1]:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I drive my Megane II very sideways when racing or on the a track, with all weight removed from the back and the F1's stiff suspension all it takes is the weight to come forward from the back and lift off the gas.. get back on it when you want to go straight again. Its the same principle in a RWD only only in a decent RWD you can power slide out smoother.

I recommend a track day in the wet with the driving aids off to get a good feel for the car.

If that doesn't suit you could fit softer springs to the back.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
If you drive the car fairly hard then you will get alot of movement from the back end. the optimum way to use the handling traits is late braking then use the lift off oversteer to get the car turned early and then on the power early to use the LSD to its full advantage.

I wouldn't suggest doing this to extremes on the public road hough as it is more than possible to spin it if you overcook it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts