Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been trying to find the differences between the standard R26 and ones specced with the lux pack. All of the ones for sale seem to profess to having 'keyless' entry, though I wasn't sure if the std ones just had the card to replace the key, whereas the lux editions are genuinely 'keyless' i.e. Audi keyless and no need to touch the key to gain entry and to start the engine?

Also not overly fussy about leather in the rear, but am particularly keen on having the centre armrest for long journeys as I understand this is a lux addition?

Can anyone give me a brief lowdown on what the lux offers over the standard R26?

I have an RS brochure from 2006 and amazingly that gives hardly any info, and the search function on here still isn't playing...

cheers
Dan

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Been covered a million times but

Lux = Full leather, inc door cards and centre arm rest. Silver strip on glove box, door puddle lights, keyless entry/ Wireless start (Great!!), mine also has bluetooth and Ipod connectivity which might have been part of the lux pack

The lux cars were all later ones and the majority seem to be full spec cars so have black packs and xenons.

The big diffrence for me is the door cards which look loads better and the silver glove box strip which should of been on all models IMO!

The leather seats arnt as good if you plan alot of track work, I regularly drive 2 R26s and with alcantara seats you dont move around as much!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Think you also get anti dazzle rear view mirror on lux models too...

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a July 07 R26 and it has the puddle lights, just to give an idea of when they might have been removed from new.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys - not sure why I struggled to find this out TBH.

The only extra that the lux offers that I am particularly keen on is the keyless go - not fussed about leather, in fact I think I'd prefer not, and the armrest but if I could retrofit this then that'd do me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts