Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my R26 when it works!! But at less than 17K miles its already had new clutch, new flywheel, new front shocks, new airbag wiring, new window regulator, luckily under warranty (otherwise the best part of £5K) is all a bit too much to take. Now the radio has stopped working! Constantly worrying about what's next. And not like I abuse it - spends most of its life tucked up in the garage, otherwise deriven with care. Am I just unlucky or is this typical?

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
... And not like I abuse it - spends most of its life tucked up in the garage, otherwise deriven with care. Am I just unlucky or is this typical?
which is often the cause of problems with cars generally. cars not driven properly but only washed and sitting 'round the garage tend to break down. no bull**** here. you need to move your toy.

·
Registered
517 Posts
which is often the cause of problems with cars generally. cars not driven properly but only washed and sitting 'round the garage tend to break down. no bull**** here. you need to move your toy.
... Hmmmmmm... not too sure about that, I dont think a car not being driven hard enough would cause premature clutch or flywheel wear/damage? would it....?

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Seems like you are quite unlucky to me as I have owned my 2007 R26 since new putting over 60,000 miles on it in the process and outside of standard servicing, pretty much nothing has gone wrong at all...

The only issues I have experienced were a failed seal on the driveshaft and a recall for the oil union pipe connecting the turbo charger... Sounds like you might of got an infamous 'Friday Car'!

Dave

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
it's thread's like this that really scare me, my r26 is on 73k and i think it's still on the original cluch and flywheel! but it feel's fine so finger's lol.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The dealers will replace your radio regardless of warrenty being up as its a fault with them

same happened to my girlfriends a year out of warrenty!

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Seems like you are quite unlucky to me as I have owned my 2007 R26 since new putting over 60,000 miles on it in the process and outside of standard servicing, pretty much nothing has gone wrong at all...

The only issues I have experienced were a failed seal on the driveshaft and a recall for the oil union pipe connecting the turbo charger... Sounds like you might of got an infamous 'Friday Car'!

Dave
Same ^^^^^

·
Registered
209 Posts
seems to be real unlucky with that one.

Mine, as bigDR & Hair Bear, has done over 60 k and only issues have been a fuel pump (under warranty), a rad going and THE recall.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Love my R26 when it works!! But at less than 17K miles its already had new clutch, new flywheel, new front shocks, new airbag wiring, new window regulator, luckily under warranty (otherwise the best part of £5K) is all a bit too much to take. Now the radio has stopped working! Constantly worrying about what's next. And not like I abuse it - spends most of its life tucked up in the garage, otherwise deriven with care. Am I just unlucky or is this typical?
There is an issue with radios when it get very cold and stops them working. Disconnect the battery for a minute and it will probably work again untill you get it replaced. You will need the code thou.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My dealer said there was an issue with the radio when it's cold and so they expect Renault to replace it foc. A curious fault?

·
Registered
296 Posts
My dealer said there was an issue with the radio when it's cold and so they expect Renault to replace it foc. A curious fault?
Just had mine changed this morning FOC! Something to do with the cold weather. There is a couple of threads on here about it.

They will change it anyway

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sorry to ask, ......but what is THE recall ? (Cheers in advance)
As bigDR stated, 'recall for the oil union pipe connecting the turbo charger' were done on the early R26s.

Was a bit of hassle at the time, people not the car. Dealer I used was a real moron and now out of business.

·
Registered
148 Posts
As bigDR stated, 'recall for the oil union pipe connecting the turbo charger' were done on the early R26s.

Was a bit of hassle at the time, people not the car. Dealer I used was a real moron and now out of business.
Thanks demon, I've had mine a week and all seems fine (touch wood). Might need to sort a few of the annoying dash rattles soon though ;o)

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts

I took my car to Renault Leeds for its second service and they were completely oblivious to the outstanding recall. I informed them about it and then they literally confiscated my car (as the parts for the recall were on back order from France) claiming that I could drive my car away without the recall work being carried out but if anything went wrong with my engine then I wouldn't be covered by the warranty!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts