Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been toying with the idea of fitting a set of fully adjustable coil overs to the R26.R and wondered if anyone could give me some feedback of personal experience with their R and/or what options there are out there that people know or have heard of? Ive done a little bit of research and ive only really come up with either KW 's or H&R's. In terms of KW's i was hoping to get a set of "Clubsports" but apparently ive been told they don't supply the clubsports for the R26.R. The next best thing is a specific race race kit which can be adapted to my personal choice governed by the type of usage of the car etc. Ive been quoted £1860 and then if i want i can get special top mounts on the front for £390. The kit is a ‘KE competition race’ and is adjustable height, dampening and compression. In terms of the H&R ive been offered "mono tube" whatever that means or a specific race kit. I don't know about pricing for this yet.

I appreciate I'm likely to get shot down in flames by the likes of Conley and i equally appreciate that I'm no where near talented enough on the track to drive beyond the potential means of the cars current stock set up. But if you guys could at least humour me and advise me of my possible options then i would be most grateful. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,005 Posts
Other than the two mentioned there's the AST kit, Nitron kit and the Gaz kit (I had this and removed it after 3 weeks). I've got R26R suspension on my R26 but if I was to change I think id plump for the ASTs if only cause the Nitrons are pretty pricey. Both kits can have user defined spring rates.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
See i spoke to Nitron 2 weeks ago? At Autosport, and they told me they do NOT have a specific kit for the Megane yet. And if i was interested i'd have a 12 month wait. So im not sure where your're coming from poobah?

Any link to this AST kit as i was just going to go with the KW V3s personally...

·
Premium Member
8,005 Posts
See i spoke to Nitron 2 weeks ago? At Autosport, and they told me they do NOT have a specific kit for the Megane yet. And if i was interested i'd have a 12 month wait. So im not sure where your're coming from poobah?

Any link to this AST kit as i was just going to go with the KW V3s personally...
Coming from? KTR developed a kit but haven't advertised it for sale. Figured they'd be willing to offer that as last time I spoke to nitron they said they'd only sell through ktec for the Megane kit.

For AST..............can I suggest the AST UK website...........google perhaps?

www.astsuspensionuk.com

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Coming from? KTR developed a kit but haven't advertised it for sale. Figured they'd be willing to offer that as last time I spoke to nitron they said they'd only sell through ktec for the Megane kit.

For AST..............can I suggest the AST UK website...........google perhaps?

www.astsuspensionuk.com
Coming from in terms of the info on Nitron. However, im not sure why they would not of mentioned a kit is in development with Ktec to a potential client... so dont get all worked up.

Thanks for the link to the AST kit thats not on their site either *rollseyes*

·
Premium Member
8,005 Posts
Coming from in terms of the info on Nitron. However, im not sure why they would not of mentioned a kit is in development with Ktec to a potential client... so dont get all worked up.

Thanks for the link to the AST kit thats not on their site either *rollseyes*
Look at the AST news section on the right of the front page......sport line 2 and competition kits.

For info on the nitron/ktec kit search their section on here as it was well documented during testing.

Oh and drop the attitude when someones trying to help. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother these days.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Your more than correct though poobah, the ktec post regarding the nitron kit for 250 and r26 was a long time ago now.

Least you can talk with experience of the coilovers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
can i ask why? ive had a few cars ive put coilovers in, such as mini cooper s, mx5 but not once have i thought the .R needed them??

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
A long time ago. Great for newer member looking for info! Who'da thought Nitron wouldn't even know/say what was going on. I bow down to you poobah, i mean the news 'article' is bare of any info and from Dec '10.

Tbh, you wasn't exactly helpful anyway, but thanks for your effort.

·
Premium Member
8,005 Posts
You didn't know about the AST or the gaz kit and now you do.........id call that helpful. I apologise im not directly responsible for ASTs website content! :p

Fear not, I shant bother again seeming as you seem to know it all anyway.............

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Aha! I have determined you are a bad mind reader :p I knew full well about the GAZ kit, but from previous ownership i would NEVER even consider a free set from them!

I never said i knew it all, hence asking for the link on their site. Apologies to Hoops for going off subject abit also.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
A long time ago. Great for newer member looking for info! Who'da thought Nitron wouldn't even know/say what was going on. I bow down to you poobah, i mean the news 'article' is bare of any info and from Dec '10.

Tbh, you wasn't exactly helpful anyway, but thanks for your effort.
That's why the forum has a very useful search function which when you type in nitron many wonderful appear :)

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
That's why the forum has a very useful search function which when you type in nitron many wonderful appear :)
Thank you, but if you are told by Nitron themselves there was no kit being developed for atleast 12 months would you of used it? Oh and we all know forum search facilities arn't as amazing as you would make out.

Thanks for your input :)

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Haha never said it was amazing at all but I put nitron in and found many threads.

I understand you were told by nitron themselves and never disagreed with you but been to other manufacturers who k-tec use and they have said similar.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts

Funny they wanted my car at last years Autosport as they were ready to fit. Until I realised they didn't know the difference between an R26.R and an RS250.

Hoops. Speak to Mitch at KW. Top guy. The kit on the R26.R is actually very good. His words not mine. He thought only the 2 way race from his would be better. But the question I have to you is this: Are you using the current setup to its full potential yet?

1 - 20 of 152 Posts