Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya I have a orange spanner light on my dash and when I start the car it gives a message saying service due now.

My questions are

Is the spanner light telling me I need service or is this something else

Also how much is the service cost it's 2008 08plate just hit 30k and had it's 2009 and 2010 service

Thanks Dave

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
If it says (service now due) i would of thought that would mean that its time for a service and i reckon a couplle of hundred at a main stealer

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the message means get service but I'm on about the orange light as the manual says the orange spanner could be a number of faults but does not mention its on when car needs service. I have had a search on here and it seems some people have had this when there car needed service but I was after an answer if that is defo what ye spanner could be or if I have a fault of some sort

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
main dealer cost me £100 but thats mates rates usually £150 and yes it needs one... best to get it in for the sake of a little money

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Guys... what hes on about is the spanner light, it could mean another fault yes, but also if your service is due on age/mileage it could also be that

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Guys... what hes on about is the spanner light, it could mean another fault yes, but also if your service is due on age/mileage it could also be that
yeh but its tells you the service is due lol......if it just had the spanner come up and no message i would be asking questions but your baby has told you why its poped up.....take it to renault they will reset it bro

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers. I do plan on getting it done only it was saying service due in so many miles and then today when started car it said service now due an I had a orange light so didn't know of it was same thing or coincidence and there was a fault as well but seems its just service then, I'll call main dealer tomoz for a price. It will be 3 year 30k service. Is that a main service or just a regular, or are they all the same in these R26?

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
Due a 36k service really as the plugs need doing at 36k, if you have a 3rd service they won't get done.
Basically get the money outtttt
Scanner is lit cos the serv light is on

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
It says service due, then if you don't get it serviced, it says service due now and puts the orange spanner on, totally normal, just saying it needs done asap.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ye spoke to a mate last night he doing my service next week when he back in work so happy days, cheers people.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts