Megane Sport Forum banner

R26 track day tyres Nankang NS2R or Federal RSR or r888's

1K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  mk2zetec 
I'd just use the Mich Super Sports if the car is also being used on the road.
On Track they will be just as good as some track day tyres over a few laps,and far better on the road.
If your really serious about track days then it would worth spending the money and buying some top track tyres like Dunlops etc

I've got Super Sports on the Meg, and replaced the Super Sports with Dunlop Sport Maxx Race on the Audi.
If it's raining hard, I can't safely go above 60 mph now with the Dunlops.
I notice the extra grip with the Dunlops,but they're expensive,will wear out quickly and are no where near as good in really wet conditions.
Track day tyres need heat in them before the work,and that is hard to achieve on public roads when it's wet.

As like many of the newer track day road tyres,they start in 235-35-19's.
Hopefully they will be available in smaller sizes later,but as 19" is the sports option on many smaller cars now,I have no idea.

It's completely different on track., plus you know where there is any standing water.
Problem is many normal UHP road tyres would be quicker in the same conditions,and easily better on public roads in those conditions.As always it's a compromise and how you use the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.