Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Just wondering (as a new owner) is the Turbo Chirrup/screech noise is usual ? Sounded a bit strange to me, but the car goes like stink ! :laughing2:

Am I worrying over nothing ?

Mark

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
They do make a uneique noise.

Post a video for a acurate yes or no answer mate. Plenty folk on her wil tel rite away if its normal.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do indeed mate......... I had a funny feeling all was probably ok but y'know,..... paranoia lol

(My Ed30 K04 didn't make such a noise though)

(I'm away this weekend so cant do any vids I'm afraid, I was gonna nip to Renault Bolton for them to check next week)

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I'm also thinking it's the standard whistle noise, I love it lol. I wish it stayed when changing exhaust as I'll be doing that in the summer and from what I hear you lose it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Bambu you will lose the whistle as soon as you remove the stock middle box (silencer) if you just remove the rear box an keep the middle box you'll have a more sporty noise and more of a jet noise when on boost! It's a cheap and popular option (£40-60) amongst most owners who don't want a really Loud exhaust....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank's Joel,
I don't want a loud exhaust, I just want the decat and larger pipes so I'll win some power, if I don't change the silencer I'll have any improvement at all?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts