Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just picked up a lovely R26 but previous owner cheaped out when replacing the front tyres and got the cheapest no name around as he was selling it and I hate them! I was looking at Michelins but was wondering if anyone here uses Toyo Proxes?? I have heard they are pretty good but may have higher tread wear than the Michelins but will save me around £70 for a pair. It does have part worn Michelins on the rear though..

My other question is this: Is there much in it between any of the decat exhaust systems out there as the car is too quiet at the moment! Ktec ones sound great on youtube but not sure which to get (Scorpion, Miltek, Ktec) I'm after something that sounds good but does not get on my nerves on the motorway..

Any advise would be welcome!

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
If you can afford them get yourself some PS2s, their a great all round tyre on road and track in all conditions, as for exhausts, there are many to choose from but i also like the k-tec one and their not a bad price

steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve - thats the way I was leaning just might have to wait a month or so as have just bought the car...!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
No complaints from me about the Ktec 3" system. Loud enough when you open it up and pops when hot yet quiet enough when driving normally .... and leaves some room noise wise for it to be decatted ;)

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Nice to see another Cambs based meg, what colour / spec did you buy?

If you become a full forum member then you get access to the other parts of the forum and read / contribute to the threads in those areas (plenty on both tyres and exhausts). I (as with a number of other forum members) have a set of conti 5p's on mine and rate them highly, otherwise some of the hankook's are quite well regarded on here. There was a recent tyre test in Evo (can probs still buy it in the shops) with a heap of tyres reviewed (including a pair of hankooks, and conti 3's but sadly not the 5p's).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments - I was thinking the Ktec 3" looks like a good option and KJ's description sounds spot on for what i'm looking for...

Mine is Liquid Yellow too, low miles and standard so far.........! I have got EVO so will get round to reading the tyre test as have only flicked through so far!

Jon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im just 10 mins south of Cambridge (Harston) so about 40 mins from Peterborough on a good day

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha Hi Simon - I wondered how long it would be till you found me.....you will enjoy fitting the exhaust although it will not be anywhere as loud as your 19!! I hope you are planning how my cambelt is going to go..... ; )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts