Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have these? Mine don't work so well with very very fine rain - rain that's a bit like motorway spray. They can let a lot of water build up on the screen before wiping, even on the most sensitive setting. Is this standard or is my sensor broken?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Once it's raining they're fine, but they don't deal well with spray. I've not seen any auto wipers that are any good at dealing with spray though.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
looks like they got worse in MRS3. in my R26 the rain sensor works like it's wired with my brain. perfectly in any condition.
did you change the sensitivity setting of the sensor?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once it's raining they're fine, but they don't deal well with spray. I've not seen any auto wipers that are any good at dealing with spray though.
Yeah the drizzle in question was exactly like spray really. Could see it being blown about in big sheets by the wind.

mine either go mad in a bit of drizzle or do nothing when it's lashing down, useless.
Sometimes when i start moving - or when im accelerating up to speed i guess - they'll work quite well, but once i've reached the speed limit, they become far too infrequent. This is just in drizzle for me. It's only rained properly once or twice since i got the car, and i don't remember having a problem with them then.

looks like they got worse in MRS3. in my R26 the rain sensor works like it's wired with my brain. perfectly in any condition.
did you change the sensitivity setting of the sensor?
Is this in the "hold button down to enter settings menu" bit? I though i'd read in the manual that there was a setting for the rain sensitivity in there, but haven't had chance to have a look for it yet.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
If you look at the right hand stalk, there's a wheel with images of raindrops on it; you can adjust the sensitivity by rotating it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you look at the right hand stalk, there's a wheel with images of raindrops on it; you can adjust the sensitivity by rotating it.
Ah right yeah i knew about that. I thought he might have meant there was a way to adjust the baseline sensitivity of the sensor or something like that.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
they are crap and have been in all my cars that have had them, either nothing or hyperspeed, shame they can not be changed for variable intermittant

·
Registered
337 Posts
I think there perfect, just little tweeks of the rain drop button and there fine, the problem i do is forget at the car wash and take off the hand of the poor valet man :(

giz

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Mine let a fair bit build up initially in light rain/spray but they do go... eventually and then they're alright. I quite like 'em. As has been said maybe got worse in the 250 lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts