Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not sure if i have asked this question b4 or not but is there any down side in performance if you dis connect the recirculating dump valve,

i do love the noise from the turbo wen its disconnected but dont wont to do it if it slows the car down or makes it loose any bhp/performance

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
andy bassett said:
im not sure if i have asked this question b4 or not but is there any down side in performance if you dis connect the recirculating dump valve,

i do love the noise from the turbo wen its disconnected but dont wont to do it if it slows the car down or makes it loose any bhp/performance
Yes mate you really lose boost and power. I will be doing a blanking plate soon so you will be able to do it properly :wink:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
RS-Tuning said:
andy bassett said:

Yes mate you really lose boost and power. I will be doing a blanking plate soon so you will be able to do it properly :wink:
That makes sense then as i fitted a DV i made up
and it has dropped by 0.2 BAR with the recirc disconnected
i spent hours looking for a bloody leaking hose!
:oops:

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RS-Tuning said:
andy bassett said:

cool :D

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
meggerman said:
I love the chirpy noise how can you get that without losing power.

also i heard a vid of a 20v 2.0 T turbo fiat coupe and it sounded like darth vada sucking a monster bong a real awesome noise (il try fin the vid) if i can get a sound like that il pee my pants
Blanking plate :D

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'll definately have one, you lose about 0.2 Bar with the re-circ valve disconnected
as i need another T piece to plumb in the DV, Boost gauge and RECIRC all at once!
phil

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I got a free T piece off Dave at K-tec so got the ricirc,DV and boost gauge all running sweet.
the power difference is very noticeable(back to normal anyway!)

Met up with Craigy225 aswell had a good natter (his car looks ten times better in the flesh!)
, we spoke with dave and they have big plans coming up so keep an eye out!

Got my free oil change aswell, dead chuffed!

phil :D

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
cheers phil for your comments glad ya got ya oil change, and was really nice to meet you at long last, like phil said had a good chat to david seem he got some plans for the meggy good job they not far from me so can keep up with the lastest product releases.

and hopefully when the rollers are in action we can have rolling road session (only if he gives me a good discount on a run :wink: )

keep up the good work david :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts