Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what is the best way to read the boost?

a) Using a scangauge or something like the tuner box (I Think) that +MJ+ has. Matty please confirm what you have please lol.

b) Using a boost gauge from a vacuum line

Now and then I can hear this high pitch squeeling noise when coming hard on boost and before now ive had a pipe come off the wastegate so need a really accurate reading to keep a eye on it.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I've got an RS tuner box from Henk Joe - http://www.fastchip.nl/ Allthough I think Paul did say he supplies them now aswell. I really love it. It's so much more than a boost gauge but then again it costs so much more! Obviosuly you'll need to connect it upto the laptop to get the deatils but where as the boost gauge will show you 'live' what it's boosting at you can review the data on the RST log at your leasure.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got an RS tuner box from Henk Joe - http://www.fastchip.nl/ Allthough I think Paul did say he supplies them now aswell. I really love it. It's so much more than a boost gauge but then again it costs so much more! Obviosuly you'll need to connect it upto the laptop to get the deatils but where as the boost gauge will show you 'live' what it's boosting at you can review the data on the RST log at your leasure.

That means NOTHING LOL matty can I ask a big favour???
1 night this week can I borrow you and your RS tuner box and do some logging in my car and see if I have got a bloody boost leak. it only appears to happen when hot!!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
No.

;) Just giving you an example of the logs it does allthough you've probably seen them dotted about on here allready. I've got no credit so just incase u txt me I can't respond. I'll get some tomorrow if I remember.

Has that pipe that blew off melted? We could smell something cooking when up Bala.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pipe is all in good nic, I'm wondering if when it gets hot it might be getting a bit soft and it's not cable tided or anything so might pass a bit of air when soft

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's the noise making me think it's leaking. It started making this noise a few fees ago when a few of us where out on a run and then all of a sudden when flooring it then was a complete boost cut ( like when the boost pipe blew of the wastegate awhile ago ) after this took it steady till we stopped to check. Had a look and the pipe was still connected. Anyway, I disconnected the opposite end and blew down it and could hear air hissing somewhere. Once home completely disconnected pipe and checked for any holes or melting and seemed fine. Put all back together and blew down pipe - no hissing, took for drive seemed fine, no squealing noise. Last few days thou squealing noise come back.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any suggestions?? Going upto a mates workshop tonight to do brake so will go over all hose's again.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I'll check intake temps for you joe. Would of thought Paul would of had the same if it is getting too hot.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was going to do brakes tonight but they just dropped apart in the garage doing my driveshaft seal lol. oops!! as soon as it is sorted we will have a go at some looging

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tried to do a bit of a video lastnight so you can hear this noise, unfortunately its not clear at all on this video. I found it best to listen with headphones in from 13 sec's to about 25 sec's at 1.28 ish you can hear it for a split second better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts