Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have a custom intake on my 250 and the sound of the spool and dose was always quite evident but aftergetting the superchips Bluefin stg1 tune I decided it was worth installing a tunable recirc valve.
I fitted the Forge recirc valve with the yellow spring as its rated to 15-25psi but rather than the standard 'chhhhhh' sound when dosing its a broken 'ch-ch-ch' sound which leads me to believe that perhaps the air isnt escaping fully through the valve and rather being forced back through the turbo which is bad.

Has anyone else fitted the yellow spring after a stg1 tune and getting a similar sound? And am I correct in assuming this sound is boost reflux back through the turbo?

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need to be using a higher level spring, I believe that Forge ship the Megane recirc valve with the green spring inserted which is suitable for a standard 250, I was getting regular DTC errors with a stage 1 tune until I changed the spring to the blue one. Since the stage 2 tune I still get the occasional DTC error so am thinking about upgrading to the red spring (Spring kits are bought separately) . Boost is currently running at 23psi. On the Forge website somewhere it has all this information and the PSI ranges of each coloured spring..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As stated by Forge:
Green - 5-15 PSI
Yellow - 15-23 PSI
Blue - 23-30 PSI
Red - 30 + PSI

So theoretically green will replicate the stock recirc valve pressure, yellow will be suitable for a stg 1 tuned car running around 20psi (like mine), etc.

Are you suggesting that i should be running the Blue spring? Wouldn't that result in more fluttering because the pressure rejected by the closed throttle butterfly isn't high enough to push open the blue spring?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have you got a picture of your intake?
The intake really isn't anything special. Just a 3" alloy tube with a pod on the end. I'm actually putting together an insulated carbon airbox/heatshield for it which il post up when finished...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts