Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a bit of help lads,
i have just bought a megane 225 cup,
i dont know whether to decat it or put a sports cat in, does the decat make it much faster for the noise it will make,
and i also dont know where the best place ti get it mapped at.
much appreciate a bit of advise

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay cheers mate, i live in teeside in the north east ?
Because iv just bought it i dont no which is the best way to go avout decat and also if its worth taking the pre cat out aswell

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
There isn't a pre cat, only a cat in the downpipe and imo its not worth removing it. Unless you are intending to go hybrid turbo.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it not add much power ? Would you just say a remap then for now untill i do the more expensive work ?
I want to put a bigger turbo on but dont know how much they are and if id need to change other stuff at the same time

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
De cat is best power for money second to a map of course.

Bigger turbo?? You can get a hybrid turbo set up on your car cost £700+

I'd decat if your going hybrid. Roughly adds 10-12bhp

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im low on budget for now, what would you say is the best mods for now ? Induction kit, de cat, remap ? What would it take it to roughly ?

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Stage 1 map roughly £400 will take it up to around the 250bhp mark.

Decat £200 will add around 10bhp

Some induction kits don't work well with the meg. K-tec and ITG are doing kits at the minute boasting around 10bhp gains.
K-tec thought to be around £150-£200
ITG around £250 with a GB

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
On a budget, remap and nothing else. You'll only be looking at limited (if any) gains with other things.

IMO on a budget leave it standard and put the cash into maintaining the car unlike a lot of people. Maintainance->mods.

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Yeah what he said, that's what I did, I did all the brakes,tyres,belts etc before I messed with it.

Short shift is the best cheapest mod.Around 50quid ish depending on fitting etc

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I live in wolviston court, guessing bu your photo are you the one that lives in the
New house on the college feild opposite the park ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Phase 2, theres a phase 1 driving about the same aswell, dont know who he is thou, have you got anything done to yours ?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts