Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had the car a few weeks now and been busy getting it up to speed. Had a major service last week, a remap today and going back in Monday for a cam belt :yes[1]:
Also had the wife's Espace serviced and cambelt replaced while I was at it (skint now)
Anyway first impressions of the remap are good, seems bloody lively now :) its wheel spin wheel spin wheel spin :) but will get a better feel for it when the roads dry up.
Used this company for the map and so far so good.
http://www.mobileecuremapping.co.uk/vehicles/?Carstat=27
Next on the shopping list is a Scorpion exhaust and to find someone who can up the speed limit before the traction cuts back in at 30mph.
Looking more like snow everyday here which I think will be a hoot in the Meg unlike the Boxster S which I just sold, which was dam right scary in the snow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No crap tyres and it was wet. Going to scrub them out over winter and replace in the Spring with decent rubber.

·
Registered
687 Posts
myne spins up in 1st regardless of weather or tyre temp, it gets the power down eventually well pretty quickly but obviously id still rather it didnt :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how much power did you make on the rollers aswell mate? stock and mapped?
These guys are mobile. They download a copy of your standard map from the ecu, email it back to base where it is tweaked with then emailed back to the guy doing the map on your car who then reloads it into your ecu which then re writes the original map. So no rolling road to give before and after figures. The figures quoted on their website are approx for your car, but they are actual figures taken from cars that they have remapped in standard trim with no mods.
So until I can find a rolling road near me i'll have to wait to find out exactly what it's now putting out. I am though hopeful it will be between 250-260 BHP

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
How can they check the AFR, knock etc. without dyno'ing / running the car?

I would be very surprised if the map is any good...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How can they check the AFR, knock etc. without dyno'ing / running the car?

I would be very surprised if the map is any good...
rather than trying to answer your question why dont you click the link to their website and maybe you can get the answers you need !
All I can say in defense is that the car feels noteably quicker with no knocking or pinking that I can detect.
In answer to your your question vorn, I paid him £220

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
You can't detect knocking without plugging in a computer...

i would get someone to look at the data from the ecu before you start driving it hard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts