Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Andy told me that I could find some info regarding the way I can remove de decat from the 225 also, once the part is already gone, where to locate the sensor to avoid the error signal on the panel.
Does anybody knows if there is some message before that refers to this? Probably in another site?
I'm going to replace the existing cat-back for a 3" and I want to remove the decat...Thanks to the mexican laws we don't have to go trough any gas validation

gracias amigos

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
you need to have the upstream sensor in the replacement pipe but you can leave the downstream sensor out of the car (tape it up insode a plastic bag to protect it from getting wet)

G

·
I am also planning to remove the catalytic converter.
But i am puzzled to know if the sensor is located right after the turbo or right after the catalytic converter. I want to replace the entire exhaust system for a 3' but i am afraid it might get an error form the computer and start a havoc regarding the air/fuel mixture.
If the sensor is located afer the turbo and before the catalytic converter I guess there won't be a problem.
Anyone please advise if they have done this. I hate catalytic converters and they rob tons of hp's. Also in costa rica nobody give a flying shit about the catalytic converter so it can be happily removed. God bless 3rd world countries!!
rgds
Lazaro

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Lazaro, did you had luck with the removal of the decat?
There are some folks in here that are telling me that will be a pain in the ass, because thery will need to fabricate a down pipe..
It's going to be the fist time in Monterrey, that someone performs this type of job...tell you the truth I'm a little bit scared... :? :?
Jon, do you know some site or a link that I can use to have a better idea on how to perform this. It's sound that the car will really kick some ass witout the decat. :twisted: :p

Cheers

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Diegza said:
Hey Lazaro, did you had luck with the removal of the decat?
There are some folks in here that are telling me that will be a pain in the ass, because thery will need to fabricate a down pipe..
It's going to be the fist time in Monterrey, that someone performs this type of job...tell you the truth I'm a little bit scared... :? :?
Jon, do you know some site or a link that I can use to have a better idea on how to perform this. It's sound that the car will really kick some ass witout the decat. :twisted: :p

Cheers
K-tec are currently developing a decat at the moment so it will be worth keeping an eye out on there site!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hope not, what do they normally cost?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Paul, was developing a decat with the exhaust...He said that probably this will cost arround 100.
I don´t know if Ktec will be arround the same price :? :?

G

·
My car should be going to Blueflame in the near future probably May to get a 200cell pro sports cat developed for the 225. No MOT problems yet you get 80% more flow.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Jas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts