Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you do it?

I've removed the one clip from inside the storage compartment. I can't feel anymore clips inside yet it still isn't pulling out.

I'm trying to get the card off so I can remove and fix my window reg.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
You need to lever it up from each end. I had a large flat blade screwdriver to do mine. Just bear in mind that if too much force is applied to the plastic it will go White.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Pull like crazy. I used to slide a blunt screwdriver down either side and lever it up a bit. Otherwise the lid will be in your hand.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just bear in mind that if too much force is applied to the plastic it will go White.
Allready got to that stage but with no sign of anything moving thought I best double check. It just doesn't seem to be moving at all no matter how much force I apply. If there's no more clips though I'll go back for round 2.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Grab hold of the lid and lift up and towards you. Its a bit scary how much force is needed but it'll come out. The towards you bit is important don't bother prising you'll damage something.

If you do feel the need to prise don't use a screwdriver get a plastic trim removal tool set. No chance of marking the plastic then used correctly.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After alot of pulling it came out. I've given up for tonight when I was loosing light and possibly my finger tips! Is there many clips to undo before you can flip up the top half of the door card? It seems to be stuck round the big door handle area. Thought it would be much easyer than this the amount of self weight saving he car does.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
As long as you have removed the 3 t30 then it will pull up with a bit of force. I know what you mean about finger tips, took my drivers off today to change the leather over.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Once you've pulled the three screws out you've gotta pull for your life again to get the top to lift up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts