Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks, Bought myself a diagnostic clip form FleaBay with the idea of resolving an issue with my HID's...
Having had PLENTY of training on how to use a CLIP (i.e- none whatsoever)..
I've now got 3x problems....

1) SERVICE LIGHT constantly on.. I've tried the normal reset function initiated by holding the end of the right hand stalk in for 30secs when the 'service duration' is displayed. This does not work unfortunately!!!

2) KEYLESS ENTRY / KEYLESS START INOPERATIVE
My car used to unlock when I just tried the handle, it would also start if the key was not in the slot.... neither of these functions appear to work now.

3) KEYCARD No2 Inoperative
Other Keycard used for car now inoperative.

AND The original problem with the HID not working still remains..
GUTTED to say the least, any advice on resolving the issues above would be VERY appreciated.....:eek:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wish I knew the answer guys.... I fully understand it's from my own 'medling' will try to re-trace my steps and update.....

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Well on that screen you have hands free Missing missing missing. Under the desired box you can click that to present. You need them both to read present. As for the cards not working. Maybe you have tried to code them? This will wipe any key not present at the time.....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers buddy, I reached the point where any tinkering would only make things worse!!!

I'll update the 'handsfree' comms part tomorrow. (defo not re-coded the keys, both still work 100% when you stick them in the slot!).

Next thing will be erasing the "service" light..

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Sorry fella I thought I'd read that one card wasn't working at all. The spanner light may be on due to some configuration differences. I haven't touched or seen clip for 3 years now as I'm out of the trade but somebody like LEMON ( the hero) or BMH will be able to guide you a bit more. Hope you get it sorted!!

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
lol that hands free has nothing to do with hands free, thats a handsfree phone kit but commuition is missing not sure if this will make it work.
basically you have to make them match up so everything is the same.
did you go into any other screens.
have you switched the igniton off

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Paul,
Will update all options in morning such as they are the same!
As for going into other screens, unfortunately yes... Now the clip won't really let me leave the two screens above (as per shots above).
Ignition was on at all times in afraid...

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
As Paul says what have you changed? You shouldn't really be able to hurt anything by just looking, this is why clip isn't something you blindly press buttons with.

·
6,404 Posts
right ok configure that missing one so its present once you done that click the bottom box on the left to redo the multiplex test.
then it should be ok.
yeah the ignition need to be on it didnt come up with steering unlocked
yes you may need to set handfree up etc are the tyres still on the display?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Will do Paul cheers, tyres are off the display as my 4x alloys with sensors (summer wheels) are in the lock up.

Blanking UCH CONFIG, no, but I was in there looking for the discharge lamps... Unfortunately once you enter this screen there's no going back without blanking the UCH like you say.

·
6,404 Posts
you can always go back it ask you to validate it if you are about to do something.
the back button it up by the home botton top right

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quick update guys... service light now out after some manipulation...(???)

Key cards still don't unlock/lock as per previously suggested, I'd updated the 'communications' section however this brought up two new errors in the diagnostic screen, this was along the lines of 'communications computer not detected'. As such I turned these items back off.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Sorry buddy, thanks for the PM, but these guys know a mountain more than I do... But if you get good with the clip gimme a shout I may require your services at some point. haha...

Kojak

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well on that screen you have hands free Missing missing missing. Under the desired box you can click that to present. You need them both to read present. As for the cards not working. Maybe you have tried to code them? This will wipe any key not present at the time.....

WINS A GOLD STAR!!!!!

It is indeed 'handsfree' for the remote locking!!!

http://ray-lee.co.uk/megane/dialogys/MR366MEGANE8.pdf
page 878....
Will try this at the weekend and report back.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I must admit, I thought the exact same as LEMON...... that's why the feature was off in the first place!!!
My Parle Vous Francais non bonn.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts