Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
in my megane 225 if i lift off accelerator revs take a while to drop back to idle also happens when i change gear to quick under heavy acceleration any idea why??

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Mine seems slow compared to any other car I've driven but as said by MJ I thought this was normal because of the flywheel.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine does it too but only now and then, always thought it had something to do with the cableless throttle

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine is similar it seems to take an age to slow down but I put it to it having a 12kg rotating mass at the end of the crank. Can't wait for winter so I can bang in a helix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
really a feature. so they made them slower through gear changes having to wait for the revs to fall so you can get back on the power must be a fault

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Its actually better for the revs to fall back slowly when your shifting fast.

And most turbo cars that have a lot of torque have a heavier flywheel.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Surely the revs drop when you lift off the clutch? :S
The only reason this is a tiny inconvenience to me is on the rare occasions when cruising i poke 2nd a bit n then put it in 4th. Then I give it a tiny bit of time to drop a bit.
Normal driving it shouldn't be an issue though...

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
It's all due to inertia .... heavy flywheel or crank and such take more time to slow down (hold more energy)...also take more power/energy to speed up.
I don't think it has anything to do with wire-driven or drive-by-wire systems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts