Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wanted to share some good news..... Last night the salesman called me up at 10:15pm and told me that my car will be arriving at the port on the 24th this month ! ! ! ! I was so shocked as he told me i could be receiving it early march. Do bear in mind this is after 5 long months of waiting ! .....and finally i'm gonna start counting days.......

Then after telling me this, he said however there is some slight difference on the specs.... So i asked what was it? He said, the specs came similarly to the monaco GP edition and I my heart fell.... reason being i don't quite like that the monaco gp edition and it's not available in my country. So i told him, all I want is the panoramic roof and recaro leather seats and thankfully he said Yes it has. The only difference are the white trims on the door handle, center console and passenser dash. I don't quite like it but then again, it kinda make my RS250 unique from the rest here in my country so.... I guess its ok (not that i can do anything about it).

That's all I have to say now and .....I'll be counting the days from NOW ! ! !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now it seems i've just found out another issue. It seems my car is coming with a 19 inch instead of the 18 inch AX-L which i liked. If it comes with the 19 inch STEEV rims i'm still ok but my salesman tells me its the same as Monaco gp rims..and from research its call 19-inch diamond-effect STEEV. I have no idea what it looks and i could only see from the pictures, those are 18'.... if its the same design then its completely horrible ! ! ! ! according to the salesman the car has been shipped and nothing much can be done now. i'm not satisfied with this answer.... Any suggestions???

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Option1: Tell them you are not going to pay for the car as it's not what you've ordered therefore they can keep the car!

Option2: you take delivery of the car if they give you a massive discount for messing up your order.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
now it seems i've just found out another issue. It seems my car is coming with a 19 inch instead of the 18 inch AX-L which i liked. If it comes with the 19 inch STEEV rims i'm still ok but my salesman tells me its the same as Monaco gp rims..and from research its call 19-inch diamond-effect STEEV. I have no idea what it looks and i could only see from the pictures, those are 18'.... if its the same design then its completely horrible ! ! ! ! according to the salesman the car has been shipped and nothing much can be done now. i'm not satisfied with this answer.... Any suggestions???
The 19" Steev 'diamond effect' wheels are the same as the 19" Steev wheels. It is just the full description of them. Diamond effect being the name for the paint finish...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Carl_T.....

Alain.... think Option 2 is more likely... but I doubt they will give me any discount. May have to escalate and thus making them hate me....:(

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
I never get this - I'm sorry but if I ordered a green birthday cake for my son saying happy birthday Brian (I don't have a son by the way but randomly like the name Brian :)) I'd expect what I ordered.

If it came in blue and said Eric on it I wouldn't just go oh well ok I'll just take it as it is.

I'd man up and refuse the car full stop - just sounds like they've found any random effort and are trying to palm it off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
224 Posts
I agree. dont accept it unless they give you a discount. Its not what you ordered even if you like it when it arrives. They are taking the pi$$. You will be paying a lot of money for something that isnt exactly what you wanted. Dont stand for if and certainly dont have them charging you more!!!

Cant complain about my dealer tbh. They were very good

·
Registered
286 Posts
Similar thing happened to me: I waited 3 months for the car then it was delivered in the wrong colour. Luckily it was a colour that I liked and so I accepted the car (with discount!) but in that situation its hard to say no, knowing that you'd likely have to wait another 3-5 months (depending on country) for a new factory order to be delivered!

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
I'm now at a stage where my car is arriving in a day or two..and this waiting is killing me !!!!

I never had that issue with mine, I ordered it in the morning (RS250, Oyster Grey, Cup pack, Vis Pack, Leather Recaros, Spacesaver) on my way to the airport for Family holiday told it will be about 12 weeks, 2 days later whilst on Holiday get a call saying they have one in my exact spec, when can I collect. 12 days later pick it up on the way home from hols, good job I had the finances in place already.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts