Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was down my dealership today (Hurst's in Belfast) for a service on my 04/10 250, guy advised that they were also going to do a recall job - related to the tyre pressure monitor valves.

Didn't have the parts so have to go back in a week, anyone else had this?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
No
maybe they only do the job when the car goes in for work, if it is not safety related don't think they would send letters out.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Just to clarify the situation:

We have launched a Quality Assurance campaign which affects 747 Mégane III in the UK and relates to the possibility of corrosion of the tyre pressure monitoring valves. As a preventative measure your Renault dealer will check the tyre pressure monitoring system valves on your car and if there is any evidence of the valves seizing, they will be replaced. We will be writing to the customers affected in the coning weeks to invite them to visit their local Renault dealership so that their vehicles can be inspected.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Just to clarify the situation:

We have launched a Quality Assurance campaign which affects 747 Mégane III in the UK and relates to the possibility of corrosion of the tyre pressure monitoring valves. As a preventative measure your Renault dealer will check the tyre pressure monitoring system valves on your car and if there is any evidence of the valves seizing, they will be replaced. We will be writing to the customers affected in the coning weeks to invite them to visit their local Renault dealership so that their vehicles can be inspected.
Please any idea, when/period of time, those cars were manufactured ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Both of my front wheel's valves have snapped in the last two weeks.

The first one went when I tried (for the first time ever) to top up my tyre pressures.

Renault Assistance refused to rescue me, classifying it as a "puncture". So I had to pay £100 to be rescued. While my car was in the garage the other one snapped.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know its doesn't apply to the 250 as its too new but ,did you know as from the 1st January Tyre pressure sensors are now part of the MOT, so if they are fitted and don't work or you've had the sensor part remove from the tyre, like people do because they had had issues with it then its a automatic fail

1 - 11 of 11 Posts