Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to take the plunge and re-map my R26 to stage 1 in the new year and intend to go with an RS tuning derived map. TDF is considerably closer to me (1 hour vs 3 to Leeds), but I wanted to know if there is any additional benefit in going to RS for the work?

I vaguely remember something like TDF just put the stock map on (and check it on the rollers obviously) whereas RS will tweak the map slightly to each car?

Any help much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cayman - that's kind of what I thought, but Leeds is a good bit longer to drive. Still gives a good opportunity to test it thoroughly on the way back!

Jordan - Searle Street (in the triangle of Chesterton Road, Victoria Road and Castle Hill just North of the river. Where are you based? I thought you were selling up?

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
If its stage 1 what does it matter? Isnt it just a generic file loaded on... so itl be the same file tdf will give you that rst will give you, as like me and many others i got it on a remote box

I had this dillema when going for stage 2 though - and chose tdf as like you say being in cambridge tdf is about 45mins from me. I got told at the time about matt being good at what he does and how he was involved with creating the map or something - was along time ago i was looking into all of this so cant remember exzactly - but iv had my stage 2 over a year now and its all good.

Alc when i come and test your short shift you can test the stage 2 :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
i will be remaping in the new year too ill be going to rs tuning as im only in manchester.

im planning on going in feb when i get paid end of jan i even have a week off so if i get abit of discount it would be cool if not oh well.

something my car is longing for haha new clutch and a service just been carried out.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
I think stage 1 on a box is a little bit different then getting it done at rstuning as Paul can tweak it while on the rollers. when he does it via the box it's a little bit detuned to make sure it's safe without seeing the car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Kings hedges road and grantcheter. I am selling up. Me and gf sharing a car and I'm getting a 172 just as a run about as well. Need to get the car back up on piston heads. Was just waiting for Xmas and new year then try and sell again

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Turned out to be about an hour and 20 extra :p

Here are the results:

Makes a big difference to how it drives so really pleased. I must have picked up some semi dodgy fuel as paul had a few issues with knock.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So quick question: the car was mapped on (and normally runs V-power), I have some vouchers for 10p a litre off Tesco fuel. Would the car run fine on Tesco momentum?

Secondly, what would I be looking to do to improve the power output at the top end in the future? The car is standard apart from a DV (and shortshift), but from the results I assume something isnt flowing enough to let the car make more power? What combination of induction (air box mod, ITG etc), sports cat or FMIC would people recommend. I'm not really that interested in the decat route as the faff with MOT's isnt worth it in my opinion, I am also more than happy with the low down toque response and would really want to see more than 280 lb/ft.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So quick question: the car was mapped on (and normally runs V-power), I have some vouchers for 10p a litre off Tesco fuel. Would the car run fine on Tesco momentum?

Secondly, what would I be looking to do to improve the power output at the top end in the future? The car is standard apart from a DV (and shortshift), but from the results I assume something isnt flowing enough to let the car make more power? What combination of induction (air box mod, ITG etc), sports cat or FMIC would people recommend. I'm not really that interested in the decat route as the faff with MOT's isnt worth it in my opinion, I am also more than happy with the low down toque response and would really want to see more than 280 lb/ft.
I generally run mine (ph1 225, stage 1 @ RSTuning) on Tesco Momentum without any issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.