Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Disappointed that the only new colour is Arctic White, though I realise that they couldn't have gone with LY as it would have upset trophy owners!

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
£24,825 for a cup and £26,025 for a FF.

My spec is
Cup Chassis pack = £1,350
Recaro seats = £1,300
Bi-Xenons = £750
RS Monitor = £350
Spare Wheel = (I guess) £100

total: £29875

So if I wanted to change I'll need to put around 15k to it!!!!!!!! Who is going to do that?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The pricing gets a bit closer to the Scirocco R and the rest of it's rivals.

Have you seen how much a similar spec in one of those is? I ran one up to 36k in an online configurator!

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
The pricing gets a bit closer to the Scirocco R and the rest of it's rivals.

Have you seen how much a similar spec in one of those is? I ran one up to 36k in an online configurator!
indeed but you won't lose a tonne of money.

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
Do renault dealers not offer great discount on new cars anymore??
I remember people quoting £4k off list of 20k r26's?!
don't quote me, but apparently, the new renault 4 year thing and cutting the range means no real discounts any more...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
indeed but you won't lose a tonne of money.
Indeed. But does anyone buy a Renault for it's residuals? I bought mine for the way it drove. And certainly the Megane has proven itself to be a more suitable track car than the Scirocco. Though I admit, out of the rivals, the Scirocco is the one I'd go for.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I dont see why no discounts, the trophy was going for less than 24k, granted that was not the price on the release but I spoke to someone who bought one and that is what he paid

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I dont see why no discounts, the trophy was going for less than 24k, granted that was not the price on the release but I spoke to someone who bought one and that is what he paid
I think someone was pulling your leg, if a dealer should a Trophy for £24k they would have lost an awful lot of money on the deal!

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
there are always big discounts available with Renault - depends on the sales person you speak to though and also the dealership
I got quoted for a Clio Rs200 a few months back - in Storm Grey, Full Leather Recaros, Speedline wheels, cup pack, visibilty pack, black roof, etc etc - was approx £21000 worth of car - after a bit of haggling etc I was offered the car for closer to £16000 in the end

Best bet is always find someone that works for Renault and ask them to sort out friends and family discount for you

·
Registered
140 Posts
You guys don't realize how lucky you are with the Renault prices in the UK. Just to give an impression, as the pack specs in the UK are a little different, but I'll describe the major options chosen:

A 250 with Recaro's, non-metallic paint, xenons, LSD and 18" black rims, automatic keycard, sport monitor and Arkamys costs about €39.000 in Holland, that's 32.500 pounds. And discount goes to 7%-8% max, that's about it.

Don't know if the prices will go up with the new 265...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts