Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard this is a common fault - where the harness buckles fall down the side and scratch the black base - does anyone know if this can be resprayed and if so how easy it is to do? Has anyone done this to theirs??

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
I still have the wrapping on mine from when the car was delivered because your right, its an easy scratch.

Hopefully its still ok underneath and pleased I listened to the dealer's advice to leave the protection on.

I dont see why you couldnt get it resprayed, or maybe even wrap it if you dont want all the agro of taking the seats out?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still have the wrapping on mine from when the car was delivered because your right, its an easy scratch.

Hopefully its still ok underneath and pleased I listened to the dealer's advice to leave the protection on.

I dont see why you couldnt get it resprayed, or maybe even wrap it if you dont want all the agro of taking the seats out?
Thanks for quick reply fella - sadly the scratches bleed into the white Renault Sport writing also - but i assume it would be easy enough to buy replacement decals??

·
Registered
370 Posts
You could alway wrap as suggested and then apply some decals after, Im sure you can get them on eBay, and I think someone on here did, or still does graphics.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Always the passenger side. I took mine out but I don't think spraying it would look right, you would need both sides doing so it looks ok. I think a satin or matt black wrap is the best idea for it.

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
Mine are the same so I'll get mine wrapped and get the same company to copy the stickers while I'm there, the company in Nottingham signed my van up and their doing it for £20 for me and thats for boh seats

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
You know what rob I didn't, ill have to do something about it though I might even order a couple of stickers, flat them off with some fine wet and dry and spray them with satin black

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Mine need doing too. I'm just looking into the best way of doing it. Think I might get them wrapped. Renault dont list the decals though. Just been in contact with Ad and it looks like you have to buy the whole base. Feck that at over 3k a side lol. I'm sure there must be someone on e Bay that does the decal. Just a matter of finding the right one.

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
I can get that dead easy mate the guy who signed my van up will scan it and print them off mate I can even get it so you get them where you could lay it down and spray it on , that's how they are done from factory, not a sticker

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Yeah Steve is right, my plan was to wrap it in satin black vinyl then measure up and have the renault sport sticker made.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts