Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am considering getting a Road Angel Sat Nav, which has the combined radar detector/laser detector.

Does anyone know whether I would have difficulties using this in the Trophy? Does this car have the heat reflectinve screen?

With 6 points on my licence, and getting the Meg... I will need a bit of advance notice of speed traps.

Would like a combined radar and Sat Nav as I don't want multiple units in the car.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Per

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i have the ra2 plus, i have an external antenna fitted in order for it to work, im not sure if the trophy windscreen is reflective or not but if it is you will need the antenna. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i bought a new road angel today and it works fine in my car, its a 225 with cup pack, not full fat as it has the half leather and manual air con but everything else , :lol:

ps, halfords are selling em at £249 just now , :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi - i used to have my Snooper Evo hardwired in my Audi - picked the F1 up on saturday and want to hard-wire this one in.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent fuse / switchable 12v so i can have this turn on with the ignition. I dont even know where the fusebox is!!! :lol: Just picked her up and drove her...... 8)

Thanks in advance!!!!

Oh PS - will it work ok in the F1 - i.e. does it have a reflective screen?

Ta.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Hi mate!

What you could do is wire it up to the back of the cig lighter, as this is only live when the ignition is on, and when you lock the car it switches off.

It should work in the F1 as they dont have the uv/reflective windscreen. :wink:

·
Registered
111 Posts
rob182 said:
go for the snooper indago, the road angel sat nav is poo!
Or alterantively get a decent sat nav (NAVMAN, TOM TOM etc) and add the speed camera locations as POI's

see here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/subscription.php

Look about a third of the way down the page at "The official PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera database.

If you don't need Sat Nav all the time though, just get a Talex lite - best stand alone detector you can get - and cheap too. Unlike Road Angel etc it knows the locations of the mobile sites - which is a LOT better than relying on a laser detector.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I bought the Road Angel Navigator 6000 at the beginning of the week and it's great. Currently £249.99 from Hlafrauds, and £399.99 rrp anywhere else. Definately worth it :) Set up just to the right of the speedo pod where some af the guys here have put their boost guages.

I've got a cup and there's no problem with receiving a signal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hardwired both my Snooper Evo and TomTom from the back of the Radio, the switchable 12v. There is also a point behind the glove box. So much neater with no visable wires. Have the power for my Snooper coming from the center clock console, coming up out of the Air Vent behind. Nice and Neat.

Mark.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Nice, I ran the cable for my RoadAngel down the side of the console, under the steering rack then down through the center console. Left the cigarette lighter adapter on it and tuck under the center console and pull it out when the RoadAngel is low on power :)

Only really get issues when I need to charge the phone when the RoadAngel is flat :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts