Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is on the christmas list off the misses. I've seen pics of peoples installs etc but my question is if you keep it in on a perm basis what have you all done with regards to the diagnostics port, to be honest i'd like to keep it hidden behind the plate but its not possible with something plugged in?

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Hey Bradders, looking at your display pic you have a phase 1 - i would be careful as the scangauge didn't work on my phase 1 or another blokes phase 1 that i know off. Are you able to try someones before buying to make sure it works? I believe it has something to do with the communication protocol on the phase 1 being different and gay.

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
yeah correct some ph1 dont work with it. and the plug is half the size of clip

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone local to wolverhampton with one for me to test out on? Mines the last of the Ph1s and its had updated firmware so i hope it will be ok.

How easy is it to get to mount where the clock used to be?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Hope they work on mine or I'll have one for sale very soon
Had a test fit in mine tonight and it's reading fine
Couldn't go far tho cos it has no front bumper on or headlights but as far as I could tell everything works fine,
Which also means I'll have a stepper gauge for sale soon

·
www.rsmegane.com
11,432 Posts
bit of an odd one (and i wasn't out driving just on the drive) but my scangauge works fine on mine and mines a 54 plate phase1.

just fitted it now, great bit of kit.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Where's the best place to get one from

Rich

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Thanks for the reply which is the best way to run the cable I am planning to put the display where the clock is as I have a double din stereo

Rich

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
To fit mine below the stereo I fed the Scanguage connector down and out to the passenger footwell, removed the panel below the glovebox then feed it up. You should be able to drop a string with a weight on down into the footwell to do the same.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts