Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's all about snow socks. I got these free from work, but happened to notice on the packet that they fit 235/40/18s bonus.

They are only designed to go n snowy roads not on normal roads. But they literally take seconds to fit and remove.

I've just tried them and they're incredible. I pulled half on my drive and removed them and couldn't move put them back on and drove straight on

Has anyone else tried these? Apparently my work (Openreach) invested alot of time and effort into these and the development obviously they wouldn't buy them if they didn't work

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I have a set in the boot,

Never used them though, its not been bad enough to take them out of the packet

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
would it be worth a set for the back? even at under 20mph the grip at the front and not the back could end badly, i needed these on sat heading back from donnington, very very nearly got stuck on a very long steep hill.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There just recomended on ten driving wheels according to the packet

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
These have got me and the wife up to our house every time we've been stuck - our road sucks for snow!

Actually you've reminded me I need to get some to fit the megane now - both our current cars use the same size!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Craig - I was given the free from work it just happened they fitted my tyres aswell as my vans lol,

Unsure exactly how much though

Edit - found the same ones on eBay

eBay linky

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
silly and unsafe when only on one axle, should only be used in emergencies to get you out of a sticky situation if you get stuck because you are on the wrong tyres.
They might give you a bit of front wheel traction for pulling away,but they will make the car very unstable under braking and corning, especially when only fitted to one axle.
Remember,having enough traction to get you moving, only means at some point you will have to stop, a big mistake that many 4WD owners make when still on Summer tyres driving on snow and ice.
Only to be used on snow,and there have been reports of them not lasting long, and even when they have ripped,people have had no chance of getting a refund, as of course the company can say you must of used them on dry roads,or you hit some stones in the snow.
Hopefully they will be fully tested soon,I wonder how long the would last if used for a week in everyday driving
Can definitely not replace Winter tyres in anyway at all.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol it's not that clean. The pictures are deceiving. Look at the rear arch at the bottom lol, but it is clean alot of the time as I don't use it. My daily hack is a transit with Openreach on the side haha

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
i got some last year, got me out of a few occasions. used them back from cardiff tho so the mix of snow roads then cleared roads did them in (was 20 odd miles so couldnt keep changing them). the treads are intact they have just ripped around the edges. if your hands are freezing they are hard to get on but once on they do get you out of trouble but you need to travel slow to avoid chewing them up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts