Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Where the warranty is concerned, do I need to have the car serviced by Reno to maintain the warranty or can I take it to somewhere cheaper / more reliable:laughing2:? What is the criteria regards warranty?
£300 for the 1st service seems quite steep when I know £120 of that is oil and filter.
Any / all advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Registered
274 Posts
You can take it to any Garage as long as they use renault filters/oils and up to there spec sheet plus most are just a oil chage £300 is way over the top

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 £240 at Drive Vauxhall

WOT !!!:dazed002:

So £90 at my local VXL garage.

Might pay to shop abaout.
Some car companies are still refusing Warranty using local garages despite OE parts.[read it in A/Express.]

I am going to go for the new 12 monthly services.

Cheers Andy

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
phone some dealers there not all bad. megane 3 servicing is bad due to the pollen filter

·
Registered
257 Posts
£291 for mine which is booked for monday, i said i've known others on the forum be more like £240 for the service and they said its the labour rate in south east and all Renault garages around price match, he could do it cheaper if they put cheaper oil in. I trust this garage so i don't mind really, got a few warranty pieces need doing so want to get it done at the same time.
Matt

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers lads.
I'll shop around as I live in a little town that has nobody local that I'd trust / know, may have to go Nott's or Doncaster way. If there's any recommended good garages in either location then let me know.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Archie moss renault at loughborough are suppose to be pretty good not had any personal experience with them but have heard a few good reports

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
if using an independant, the garage needs to be VAT registered too I believe...

i paid £250 locally, got quoted over £300 but managed to haggle it down. Wasn't worth petrol / time to drive to Ren Tech or K-Tech...

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Mine was expensive too! Had my first one done a few months back only took it where I did cause' of convienience evans halshaw aren't on my top list of garages ! I tried to knock the price down but no dice :(

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Just had my first service yesterday at 12,800 miles. Cost £239 all in. Pretty reasonable considering some of the other cars I've had to have serviced. Conducted a health check all perfect except front tracking marginally out which they sorted for a further £15 upon collection.

Capsicum Red RS 250 + Cup Chassis Pack, 18" A-XL, RS Monitor, Leather Recaros, Visibility Pack, Arkamys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts