Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if you remember but I had to break the bad news a while ago that my pride and joy had to go due to a bigger house and therefore bigger mortgage.

Well, found a buyer through Ebay and he is picking her up on Saturday! Will be very sad to see her go!

Just placed a deposit on my new oil burner:-

She still looks ok but is no where near the class I have been spoilt with driving the Meg!!

ps...You guys do not know how spoilt you are with a good forum like this - there are NO Ford ones around that I have found so don't take it for granted when you have a cracking site like this. Jon has done some awesome work to get this going so a big well done to him and his team!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry to see theold meg go fella, but i'm sure i speak for the others that you'll still be welcome on here anytime, just dont write anything about your new motor :lol: :lol: sos
you never know you could always come back over to the darkside at sometime in the future :wink:

and your spot on that jon has made a top website for us all to be on :D

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Damn shame to see it go, but if you need the house then so be it.

Make sure you point the new owner to the site mate, as you said Jon has done a sterling job of it and it's one of the best sites around

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hope thats a zetec s mondeo, or one with a 6 speed box. ive had an 06 mondeo desiel lx and it was a right pig....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes mate it is a 2 litre tdci zetec s with the 6 speed box. It has 130bhp which the salesman was trying to tell me was mega quick. He then asked me what I was currently driving. I pointed the the Meg sat 40 yards away and he did not seem to metion the bhp figure again in the conversation :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't worry! The new owner will definately be recommended to this site. I am even going to give him my car sticker!!!

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
ahh i remember the days me and my bro went in a fastford RR`d day (thats a big ford forum BTW) and he got 170bhp and lots of torque, that thing once tuned was as fast as my 172 in a straight line proper quick and the handling is absolutley superb, lower it 30mm it makes a big diffo to the looks and handling, kept up with an Sti impreza on a sweeping bend at 110mph the tail of the impreza was stepping out but his mondy had ultra sticky 18" P6000`s on :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:

not bad at all. needs a Dragon performance tuning box at 75% setting, 100% kicks out way too much dust and runs 180bhp.

btw stock they push more power and there is an overboost feature to push to 148bhp, so with dragon`s the overboost was pushing over 300lbft and 180bhp. if you ever take the back seats out it makes a huge diff also.

lastly they come with thicker arb`s and front rear strut as standard on the zetec-s. just lower it 30-40mm for proper flat and fast cornering that i wouldnt dare do in the Cup at the speeds that can do it at

((btw i didnt do 110mph myself on the corner although we have a 140mph phone cam shot if you want lol ))

top cars

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Site Admin
20,189 Posts
meggerman said:
ahh i remember the days me and my bro went in a fastford RR`d day (thats a big ford forum BTW) and he got 170bhp and lots of torque, that thing once tuned was as fast as my 172 in a straight line proper quick and the handling is absolutley superb, lower it 30mm it makes a big diffo to the looks and handling, kept up with an Sti impreza on a sweeping bend at 110mph the tail of the impreza was stepping out but his mondy had ultra sticky 18" P6000`s on :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:

not bad at all. needs a Dragon performance tuning box at 75% setting, 100% kicks out way too much dust and runs 180bhp.

btw stock they push more power and there is an overboost feature to push to 148bhp, so with dragon`s the overboost was pushing over 300lbft and 180bhp. if you ever take the back seats out it makes a huge diff also.

lastly they come with thicker arb`s and front rear strut as standard on the zetec-s. just lower it 30-40mm for proper flat and fast cornering that i wouldnt dare do in the Cup at the speeds that can do it at

((btw i didnt do 110mph myself on the corner although we have a 140mph phone cam shot if you want lol ))

top cars
another short post :)

sorry to hear your getting rid of your car. Did you get what you wanted for it.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Sorry for your loss mate. If i see your plate I will give you a flash. I had a tdci mondeo before the meg and you could have done a lot worse. Good luck with the new house and all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With a Superchip in it, you would see about 153bhp, but a huge 285lb ft of torque, 8.2 seconds to 60 instead of 8.8, and still see 46mpg!!!! You'd also have amazing in gear acceleration times.

Would certainly be a very good car to drive with all that torque.

CheeRS

Per

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Looks like a pretty smart ford mate, sounds like its not a bad drive. Still a shame you had to give up the Megane!!! :(

No need to go off to another forum, one of the best things about this one is that the people are open minded about other cars anyway. :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts