Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is such a thing available? I've seen the shift lights with a buzzer on but want something small and discreet. Plugged into the OBD and hidden behind the faschia ideally.

Awaits the learn how to drive comments.

·
Registered
153 Posts
u want to hear a buzzer every time u change gear am i right . this can't be true this would annoy anyone over and leant of time shurely

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not so much a buzzer but something like the RS monitors beep that I can set to whatever RPM I want.

its doable, but surely you wont redline a meg to get optimum acceleration?
I don't know, I'm just fed up of touching the limiter in 3rd. Other gears I'm ok yet I always feel I can get more from 3rd then it kicks in. How is best to drive for optimum performance with the OE turbo? My power flatlines before the redline but surely gear ratios etc will come into play?

·
www.rsmegane.com
11,432 Posts
you should be able to feel when its dropping off. although its a deep convo, higher revs sets you up for the next gears powerband, blah blah...

you can have mapping adjusted to suit. but i'd leave it fella.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
In my old r26 and my r26r from rolling roads and experience I change at 5800 the power drops alot after that.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
My stage 1 pulls hard all the way to the limiter,i have hit it a few times.
This is the biggest difference between standard and stage 1..no tailing off as the engine revs towards the red line.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the thing Naith, I can't. My power starts dropping at about 6k aswell but only very, very slightly hence why I generally hold onto gears as long as possible. Boost starts dropping after 4k RPM though.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
all what i can suggest Matty is this thing which i had on my Corsa OPC/VXR, its called DASHHAWK ( http://www.dashhawk.com/ ), on their page isnt any info that Renault is supported, but also any info about support for opel or VX (but is working on both, anyway i find also this link http://www.renaultparts.net/Car_Performance_Monitor_Part.html )

so i think it shut work also with Renault (but think you can buy them also cheaper)

i was really happy to have it on my Corsa as all the 7 or 9 (on each you can have from 1 up to 12 measuring units !!!) displays you can customize - from the unit as also from PC.

you can set limits where the display have to change colours (not sure about beeping) so i set mine, till water was lower than 70 deg it was red, once it passed 70 it comes green (i know oil temp & water is different) but corsa doesnt have the oil sensor, also i set that the display was changing colour once i passed 5750 to green over 6200 to orange and at 6500 to red (dont remember exact numbers) as i had it in front of the my gauges (speedo & rew counter) it was really easy to see when i am going to limmiter :) but you san set this for each measuring unit :)

DASHHAWK can read what ever you want from OBD - where it can find the sensor

also it can read all error codes (much better than my bluefin in this) as also to erase them :)

at the end of the day it can messure 0-60, 1/4 mile and many other...

great unit :)

videos from youtube :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJCHbzAlUvg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJs-mcq6QAY&feature=related

and pics from my corsa :) - the deffault colour i had blue but this you can change too :)

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
u can use rstuner premium to trigger any sort of device and define pretrigger limits on any ECU variable that you can log in.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I still havn't sorted anything out but need to. I'm not looking for a light really. I don't think I'll even notice a little LED light up on the dash which is why I was looking for an audiable beep, similar to what the RS250 has. There must be some way of doing this. Kissing the limiter is like hitting a brick wall!

Saying that alot of the shift lamps have several LED's so maybe one would be bright enough. Only 1 way to find out I suppose. How do you install them, where do they plug into?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Boom, http://www.raptorperformance.com/products/Dual Mode Shift Light.htm Also has the option of adding an audiable alert.

Anyone confirm we have this,

The dual mode shift light taps into the same tach lead as the normal shift light (see question above). The dual mode shift light also uses the signal going to the speedometer to switch between launch and shift mode. You must have a speedo signal or a pulsed output when the vehicle is moving and no pulse when the vehicle is stopped.
If your vehicle has a "tach output" wire from the ECM/PCM or if it has a coil, coil-pack or distributor-less ignition with individual coils, it will work. In some cases you can connect to one of the fuel injectors and set the shift light to "1 cylinder" mode to get an accurate reading of RPM.

The shift light will not work on ignitions typical of ATV and off road bikes (CDI).

**Do not connect to high energy coils such as MSD coils. Rather, connect to the ignition box "tach out" lead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts