Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a silly question but i'm going to ask anyway.

What the best way to get the Megane badge off the back? Can they just be pulled off? I'm going to debadge it. (Just the word Megane)

I don't want take any paint off or be left with a 'Renault Egane'.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
get some warm water and pour it over the area constantly as you use a credit card to slide it underneath the letters. if your left with any sticky patches then use the sticky back off the letters to pick it off.

Worked for me.

Once done wash the area, then quick clay it and then polish it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boiled some water and poured it over the back then stuck a ruler under them. Need to clean it but it's looking better all ready. (IMO).

Going to confuse those charvs even more when they are trying to catch me! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Nick, I've found in the past like the lads said, all you need to do is re heat the badge area I normally use a hairdryer and this re-activates the glue, makes removal quiet simple. Done it on me new BMW 330d (sorry for swearing on here!!!)

Another question for you m8. Why aren't you down to go to the FCS, I could do with someone from the Northeast to cruise down with.

Hope this helps
Phill (pjdt77) that's my race number not my age by the way!!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nick the Greek Wrote

This might be a silly question but i'm going to ask anyway.

What the best way to get the Megane badge off the back? Can they just be pulled off? I'm going to debadge it. (Just the word Megane)

I don't want take any paint off or be left with a 'Renault Egane'.

Cheers
Hi Nick, Just used a length of cotton thread and a sawing action. No chance of any damage to paintwork or letters.

Also the small amount of glue that was left just rubbed off.

Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dental floss is the KEY! like cutting with a wire saw... works perfect!... then some boiling water... then some cream polish wax... Done!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts