Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

i am looking at going on a skiing holiday with a couple of mate in jan-feb time. as it will my first time skiing i have no clue where the best places are to go, what to look out for when booking or what sort of price we should be expecting..

we are looking for somewhere that is not for pro's, somewhere that has good night life as we don't want to be stuck in at nights. we are not to fussed about traveling from the airport but the closer the better!!

thanks for your help
chris

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Meribel, trois valees france

Im a ski instructor and had a whole season just in trois valees. Best skiing all round from beginner to expert and the best apres ski and nightlife ive had skiing.

You can pick up flight from stansted to either grenoble, lyon or geneva all 1hr30 flights for £30-£100 and then 150-200 a week hire car again 1hr30 drive to resort.

Lift passes about £40 a day. Cant comment on hotels/appartments as i have my own place

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
You cant beat Andorra (between france and spain) for sking. (very well priced)

And especialy the Hotel 'Sport Harmitage'...

See....

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190404-d638418-Reviews-Sport_Hotel_Hermitage_Spa-Soldeu_Canillo_Parish.html

I have been every year for the last 7. We keep going back to the same place as the Hotel is out of this world, the spa is fooking fantastic. And as to the Slopes. There is more than enough ski runs that you couldn't do them all if you never went down the same one twice in two weeks. Plenty for all grades of skiers.

And one other thing I like is the gondals up to the slops are in the lobby of the Hotel itself.

Also the apres ski... You would be in for a treat.

Here is one review....

This beautiful hotel is the last word in alpine luxury, with no expense spared on the fabulous decor, using wood, stone, and fabrics to create an atmosphere of quiet elegance. The rooms are large and all have views of the snow-clad mountains.The bathrooms have whirlpool baths and luxury showers and the toiletries are top-end; the room is serviced twice daily.The hotel spa is the most amazing place to relax and unwind and inclusive for guests.
The food is just exquisite, and service is discrete whilst attentive.
This hotel is moments from the gondola and ski lockers come with the room; in the locker room, staff are on hand to help with donning/doffing boots, fetching your skis, and warming you up with hot coffee or chocolate and a brandy to help you recover from a hard day of snow fun.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info guys, i have been looking at tignes in france (due to a load of mates going there) for a week and looks like the best time for us to go is 4/5th of feb time!! i have found a few companies that offer hotel/apartments+flights+transfers £500 give or take a few ££ and then £200 for a lift pass for the week, was wondering if anyone knew any good websites to try for price comparison or anyone that offers a better deals that include lift passes or anything else??

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Bansko, Bulgaria. Cheap skiing cheap beer plenty to do, skiing is great if your not a pro. I will be going back soon. Royal Bansko a great place to stay as well.1 1/2 hrs from Sofia.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i did a season out in Tignes and its pretty good, caters for all levels really well
you also have Val D'esere in the next valley so you can ski or board there too and you can sample the nightlife in both resorts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im going out to Pas de la casa on 5th Feb, been to Soldeu before a couple of times and thats a good resort as mentioned above. Andorra is great for learning to ski.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ive been the last 8 years in jan, just got back from alp h'duez, i would reccomened sestriere as thats areally nice and you can go over the france aswell, only 2 hour coach transfer up the mountain aswell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts