Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, about 3 weeks ago i was going to pick a friend up from his house. i drove down his street, reversed down the side of another car and paralell parked next to it.
about 3 minuits later i had a woman knock on my window, so i put my window down and asked her what was up. she said to me "excuse me but u have just hit my car" to my shock i said "eh are you sure?" and she said yes i just watched u reverse down and hit my car then park infront of it.

so i jumped out the car walked round to her car to see a scratch about 3inch long down the side of her old fiesta. i then walked to my car and could not see a single dent scratch, or even where some muck had been moved.

i asked the woman again if she was sure, because i have parking sensors and i would of surley noticed, but she replyed yes.
at this moment my friend walked out of his house asked if everything was alright and it turned out that it was his auntie and mother that where speaking to me!

we all discussed it and i said to the woman, sorry i didnt even notice i cant even be sure that it was even me, i offered to giv her my number and details but she just replyed with a "hump" so i said sorry again and me and my friend drove off.

about 2 weeks later i went round to my friends house again and she was there, she explained how she was buying some polish that would apartly clear the scratch up but i didnt really reply as i was both embarased + thought theres no chance some polish is going to remove a scratch...

anyway about a week ago my friend warned me that his auntie has been trying to get my number so she can get intouch with me but he wasnt in the position to give her it, then last night i received a text explainging that she had been to the ford garage and had a quote on getting the dammage repaired. i ignored the text for the time been and talked to my friend asking what had changed within 3 weeks.

he explained that he had no idea how she had got my number and that it was insain that 3 weeks down the line after not wanting to do anything that she would do this now. he also said he had discussed with her that if it had happened at say the super market, she wouldnt beable to get intouch with me now, only because its his friend can she do this.

anyway she sent me another text about a hour later saying that she "requied my car and insurence details because she needs to sort this sooner rather then later, and that she can rather send me a written estimate or agree a cash settlement"

im just wondering where i stand on this? can she do this 3-4 weeks later, when there is no proof that i actually hit her car at all and the only witnesses where herself and friend. also after she has aggreed on the spot that nothing would come of it?

just wanting some advice really as t seems this woman is going to try charge me the earth to repair the paint on her car that someone else could of done.

cheers, josh

·
Registered
477 Posts
so its her word against yours? surely if theres no damage on yours i would leave it as shes got no proof.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If you are 100% sure that you did not damage her car then tell her to sling her hook mate,
agreed. someone has probably been chrping away in her ear encouraging her to claim. Isn't it iroinic that she mentions a cash settlement just before xmas???

tell her to jog on

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Yeah stick by your guns mate, if your car had no marks on i would have argued til blue in the face anyway, sounds like she's trying to pull a fast one.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Stick to your guns. Not a single mark on your car, I very much doubt she's got a leg to stand on.

I agree with Thommo, this close to Christmas, she's just trying to pull a fast one.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I'm sure an incident has to b reported with in 24 hrs if the over driver is not forthcoming as she hasnt reported it and ur car is unmarked I wouldn't worry about it ! Saying that y not take a trip down to the local cops and see what they say that way ur covered . Just an idear that may clear it up

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Stick to your guns - she may claim she has an independent witness though... 💩. Check your policy as you may have legal assistance - if she says she does... use it and she may back down.

Capsicum Red RS 250 + Cup Chassis Pack, 18" A-XL, RS Monitor, Leather Recaros, Visibility Pack, Arkamys

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
my god people will try anything to get a buck, you would know if you had hit her car, also has her car got any paint from your car on it, if it has scratched her car it would defineately have some of your paint on it
also the 250s are made of plastic on most of the protruding parts so ita very doubtful you would have scratched it and if you did it would have marked your car, she has no proof it was you and i think shes just taking the pee
theres no way id pay out,

good luck with your mate though, bit of a moral dilemma there, if hes a good mate he will understand.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Might find yourself off the christmas card list though!!
Ha lmao.

I would of argued with her myself you can tell if you have hit another car like. The paint is quite thin so even little scratches always show. Would of easily been visible. I think she's taking you for a ride tbh. The Biatch :/ hate people like this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just a small update. the woman involved tryed rinning me on several different numbers, and then yesterday somehow found out where i lived and posted a letter through my letter box with a quotation from polor ford, explaining it would cost £650 to repair the scratch to her X reg car. then sent me another text explaing that i now i have that letter i can rather go though the insurence way, or pay her the cash amount. then she traveled back down to cornwall where she lives.. (i live near leeds)

anyway me and my friend took it upon our self to right to letter back to her which went like this.. (i would like your oppinions on if you think this letter is fair)

Christina
I have received from you a Letter and Quotation for damages and repair cost to your Ford Fiesta Registration X******. In review and receipt of this information I find myself both bemused and agitated.
Upon the event on you informed me that I had caused slight damage to your vehicle, of which I Immediately apologised for and went to inspect straight away.
On inspection you pointed out that your car had been scratched, and paint removed from the front nearside door of your vehicle. It was also noticed that my vehicle had no markings or damage whatsoever, which as you are aware was pointed out at the time. However in Good faith I offered you my details and a contact number in anticipation to sort the matter fairly. At the time this was offered you declined my details, and I wrongly assumed the matter was closed.
I then saw you again approximately a week later, and again nothing about the situation was mentioned and thus confirmed my assumption that the matter was over.
There have now been an approximate 4/5 Weeks between the incident and the situation I find myself in now. Upon further inspection on the matter I find myself unwilling to offer you any financial repayments for damages found upon your vehicle. On a Closer Inspection I find that with the damage caused to your car, taking into account the quotation you have sent me, that there is no way physically possible I could have caused that damage whilst my car remains unmarked. I have sourced Motor trade Insurance assessor advice, and am willing to take it further to a full report if needed. If you are confident your claim will hold then I request you please send through any addition paperwork/evidence, along with detailed images of the damage on your vehicle taken from a quality camera. I also request any witness statements you have collected, and may remind you that close relatives will be scrutinised about accuracy as they are your relations and are therefore ‘bound’ to your testimony.
I will also be contacting the Ford garage in question about the quote and getting their professional opinion on the damage they report on your vehicle, and how they think the damage has occurred, as you are aware Insurance Inspectors are trained to report why who and where as part of their report, before accepting a claim and so I feel this would be the fair route to solving the dispute.
If you are still willing to take this further, I will be contacting the police over the matter, letting the law clear the argument, taking the necessary steps to prove my innocence. If you are accusing me of damage to your vehicle and not fulfilling my responsibilities then I assume you are/have reported criminal damage, and that you are aware that reporting damage weeks later, then suspicions will be made of the report and why the matter was not brought to the police attention immediately.
Upon closure of the matter, if proven otherwise, I also aim to seek Costs for this dispute, such as the independent Report back from you on expenses.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I like the a quick f off would have done it bit letter !!
I hope ypour letter does the trick and you have a good christmas.
Sorry for the silly agro you got.

Best wishes Andy

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
What a chancer! The letter should do the trick, but frankly I can't believe your "mate" isn't telling her to button it. It's also fishy how she knows all your details.
Alternately if she doesn't back off report her for harassment.
Sad c*nt must have stood in the window waiting for someone to park near her so she could run out an mug them, same level of thinking of those who diconnect their brake lights so you run in to the back of them and they can claim.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
just a small update. the woman involved tryed rinning me on several different numbers, and then yesterday somehow found out where i lived and posted a letter through my letter box with a quotation from polor ford, explaining it would cost £650 to repair the scratch to her X reg car. then sent me another text explaing that i now i have that letter i can rather go though the insurence way, or pay her the cash amount. then she traveled back down to cornwall where she lives.. (i live near leeds)

anyway me and my friend took it upon our self to right to letter back to her which went like this.. (i would like your oppinions on if you think this letter is fair)

Christina
I have received from you a Letter and Quotation for damages and repair cost to your Ford Fiesta Registration X******. In review and receipt of this information I find myself both bemused and agitated.
Upon the event on you informed me that I had caused slight damage to your vehicle, of which I Immediately apologised for and went to inspect straight away.
On inspection you pointed out that your car had been scratched, and paint removed from the front nearside door of your vehicle. It was also noticed that my vehicle had no markings or damage whatsoever, which as you are aware was pointed out at the time. However in Good faith I offered you my details and a contact number in anticipation to sort the matter fairly. At the time this was offered you declined my details, and I wrongly assumed the matter was closed.
I then saw you again approximately a week later, and again nothing about the situation was mentioned and thus confirmed my assumption that the matter was over.
There have now been an approximate 4/5 Weeks between the incident and the situation I find myself in now. Upon further inspection on the matter I find myself unwilling to offer you any financial repayments for damages found upon your vehicle. On a Closer Inspection I find that with the damage caused to your car, taking into account the quotation you have sent me, that there is no way physically possible I could have caused that damage whilst my car remains unmarked. I have sourced Motor trade Insurance assessor advice, and am willing to take it further to a full report if needed. If you are confident your claim will hold then I request you please send through any addition paperwork/evidence, along with detailed images of the damage on your vehicle taken from a quality camera. I also request any witness statements you have collected, and may remind you that close relatives will be scrutinised about accuracy as they are your relations and are therefore ‘bound’ to your testimony.
I will also be contacting the Ford garage in question about the quote and getting their professional opinion on the damage they report on your vehicle, and how they think the damage has occurred, as you are aware Insurance Inspectors are trained to report why who and where as part of their report, before accepting a claim and so I feel this would be the fair route to solving the dispute.
If you are still willing to take this further, I will be contacting the police over the matter, letting the law clear the argument, taking the necessary steps to prove my innocence. If you are accusing me of damage to your vehicle and not fulfilling my responsibilities then I assume you are/have reported criminal damage, and that you are aware that reporting damage weeks later, then suspicions will be made of the report and why the matter was not brought to the police attention immediately.
Upon closure of the matter, if proven otherwise, I also aim to seek Costs for this dispute, such as the independent Report back from you on expenses.
You're tied in mate, Sorry but you made an admission by apologising and offering details. You now need to let it run its course. As a side note be aware you could be nicked for driving without due care and attention! Incredible to believe but I know someone who had something similar happen to you only to find the cops involved! Crazy I know. Let your insurance deal with it. Its what you pay it for. It will be a 50/50 claim.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts