Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a small poll : Saw a 225 sport with no alarm in it today at a petrol station asked the bloke who's it was..and he got it from a car super market just wondered if anyone else out there DOES NOT have alarm...

ta
Guv

·
Registered
694 Posts
I think it's just the imported ones that don't have alarms.

Most people get an after market one done as soon as possible I think.

Gaz.

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
yea its just imprts that dont have them, I justr bought some (genuine) clifford stickers off ebay, less hassle than an alarm lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine has got one , although its sooo quite i think the flashing hazards might do a better job at attracting attention

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leef thats because its the old model siren, Cobra who the alarm is made by have just upgraded it....

Guv

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
I'd be pretty sure its a European import.

I know that the imported RS Clios didn't have alarms or locking wheels nuts. Think thats pretty much the only difference.

Although I'm sure someone on here had a dispute with Virgin cars as their imported 225 didn't have keyless entry even though wasn't a CUP! :?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Alex_172 said:
I'd be pretty sure its a European import.

I know that the imported RS Clios didn't have alarms or locking wheels nuts. Think thats pretty much the only difference.
Ditto :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok thanks guys must have been a import, left the guy my card anyway..
Dave... not really they need coded to the car... and u cannot get the siren on its own (well i can lol)..

Guv

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Craigy its twice as light and 25% louder.. Andy that beep means you have a door open, bonnet or boot. if all the doors bonnet and boot are shut its a fault normally the bonnet sensor...

Guv

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Leef it depends... some people who fit them put it in the wrong way round its easier to get the siren in position... so it could be that... without looking i dont know ,but the new one can only be put in one way...

Guv

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
TheGuvnor said:
Craigy its twice as light and 25% louder.. Andy that beep means you have a door open, bonnet or boot. if all the doors bonnet and boot are shut its a fault normally the bonnet sensor...

Guv
nope.

doors are closed boot closed and bonnet closed.

mine beeps twice with the indicators wen locking and once wen unlocking,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Andy if all are closed properly could be a siren fault or a dodgy connection, will ask my cobra tech bloke and get back to ya.. :wink:
Craig...You only need the siren which ya local renault dealer will charge you over 300 notes for.. if you or anybody are seriously interested will find out and get back to you.

GUV

1 - 20 of 28 Posts