Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experience with it?

Well I have done a fair bit on it already.
I have just redesigned a rear wing for a Formula Renault using different characteristics.
Anyways, I have got plenty of results for flow and pressure gradients etc etc.

The only thing I cannot work out how to do is to understand the drag that the wing produces.

Can you help? Anything in this direction is awesome! PM me please or add my FB (Ryan Brock!!!!
Thanks

Ryan!!

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
it's a 3d modelling program Steve, used by people with more than a hammer in their toolbox lol

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Lol ^ that made me chuckle.. id love to play with 3d modelling software but wouldnt know where to start!!

Sent from nevernever land using Pandoras Box

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Lol ^ that made me chuckle.. id love to play with 3d modelling software but wouldnt know where to start!!

Quite a few companies offer free 3d cad software where you can play till your hearts content.
You can save your work but can't export etc.

http://www.delcam.co.uk/software-downloads/index.asp

Powershape e.

We use delcam at work for 3d cad and machining but I do use the solidworks freebie as a 2d viewer.

·
Registered
401 Posts
This is something I drew up on onecnc, I'm no pro but I'm pretty pleased with myself being as though its all self taught.

This is the machine I have at my disposal but it is currently sitting doing nothing... Anyone got any work for it! :D haha

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If i design a mock up model sized wing in solid works could you create a solid piece of alu? Obvs would cover the costs if its possible?!

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Quite a few companies offer free 3d cad software where you can play till your hearts content.
You can save your work but can't export etc.

http://www.delcam.co.uk/software-downloads/index.asp

Powershape e.

We use delcam at work for 3d cad and machining but I do use the solidworks freebie as a 2d viewer.
Cheers fred I'll have a look and play.. I hear theres good money to be made in CAD design but woukdnt kniw where to start in getting qualified and looking for work lol

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
This is something I drew up on onecnc, I'm no pro but I'm pretty pleased with myself being as though its all self taught.

This is the machine I have at my disposal but it is currently sitting doing nothing... Anyone got any work for it! :D haha

Get designing a full nut and bolt set to sell to members for £30 ;) lol I'll be the first to put my name down :) lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am a mechanical design engineer by trade and have been trained on solidworks and have used in the past and have a copy at home , but at the moment comprehensively use autodesk inventor at my current place of work.

Unfortunately Ive never touched on aerodynamics though so cant really help you. Sounds an interesting project though!! :)

·
Registered
197 Posts

I've got One CNC as well, but I do roundy round bits

Automotive tire Light Wheel Bicycle part Rim

1 - 20 of 34 Posts