Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body any idea where I can get a spare for our 250, 19'' steev alloys fitted.
Are there any space saver options available?
Main reason is I don't wanna use the foam as its not too good (i've been told) on the tyre innards. Also, we took out alloy insurance but would need to have the car off the road if it came to a alloy repair as they're diamond cut and the recommended repair is back onto a lathe for a skim.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
I know you can order one from Renault mate though not sure of the cost and you'd probably need the jack to go with it!

It's the one option I still wonder about getting. Like you say not a lot of faith in that tyre foam stuff.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
You can actually fit a full size 18" rim into the wheel well on the 250. I keep one of my track wheels in there at all times instead of the foam stuff. I can't think of anything worse than having a busted tyre on a dark and rainy night and having to faff around with that foam stuff!

I would imagine you could probably fit a spare 19" in there too given that the tyre profile is thinner.

More expensive than the space saver, but at least you'd have a proper tyre to drive around on if you did send one of them in for a repair.

·
Registered
159 Posts
mine came with the 17" spare wheel.... and it´s a pain in the ass, y you have a front puncture, you ha ve to change the back wheel to the front and the spare wheel to the back, as they on´t fit in the front...

i´m thinking seriously about leaving it at home..

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers lads. I'll keep tabs on ebay for one coming up, if not, i'll pay out the £75.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Hi.
The factory option was £75.00, but to buy it through a parts department is more like £200.00...
I would as you say, keep an eye on Ebay.
Cheers
Andy

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Hi.
There is a second under carpet/tray that differs between models, with and without a spare wheel. A wheel can be fitted, and remove the secondary carpet/tray, but some of the support for the upper boot carpet will be lost. For the costs involved, I know what I would do.
Andy

·
Registered
224 Posts
I can verify that the latex puncture repair is crud. Will only work if there is a pin hole in the tyre. Anything larger and it is useless

I managed to get a spare rim on collection as the delivery driver scuffed one and the dealer ordered me a new one. Will let everyone know if it fits into the rear well once i eventually get a tyre onto it

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If anybody wants to flog me a spare or space saver , let me know ££'s and whereabouts you are?

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Hi.
The standard 250 without a spare wheel has a circular section, which the inflation kit sits into, under the boot carpet. If you fit a spare this will need to be taken out. The ones fitted with a spare wheel, at factory, have a securing nut and another boot tray to fit things into under the boot carpet. This is moulded to fit into the wheel void. I hope this helps.
Andy

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hmmm i was thinking of taking mine out & doing a custom sub build as theres loads of room in there, ill let you know if i do & you can buy mine 'cheap'

giz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts