Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which is the plus and minus from the green/brown and White/brown wires in the front speakers

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't have the head unit out, I was connecting new speakers upto the original connection points. I sorted it in the end.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah they sounds ok, better than standard. Though I think I might regret not spending a bit more money on a better set!,,

Will see how they get on, if not I have everything in place just to put some better ones in. Might get some Focal or Rainbows, I had some I my Clio 182 and they sounded awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I will be popping into a local audio installer tomorrow to get a quote on speakers and amp fitted

I believe you should amp a set of after market speakers - I am aiming at buying a amp which produces sufficient amount of rms to match or beat the rms of my chosen speakers

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I don't want to really go down to road of amps and subs etc, I'm more than happy just to change out the speakers.

I've spent far to much money on installs in the past, one being over 1k lol!!

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I won't be spending 1k on my instal!!

I just want punchy loud front door speakers :)

What speakers are you running?

·
Registered
140 Posts
The Germans are raving about a nifty little amp they call Isotec, should be PnP and isn't expensive. The amp is the weakest link in the original setup.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the idea of that i-soamp 4 actually. So from what I can gather, it uses all of the cars oriibnaly wiring and just "intercepts" the feed from the back of the OEM headunit, amplifies it and sends it to the speakers.

So one needs to test the water with it on here ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone fancy emailing them to see if they can be shipped over here, with the correct adapter if required. Im no good with German ;)

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
It is crazy how many people are paying to upgrade their sound systems compared to those on here who have the 225

The guy that will be fitting my sound system was speechless at how poor the sound system is in a premium car. When I told him it doesn't even have tweeters his jaw hit the floor

1 - 20 of 35 Posts