Megane Sport Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Maybe...I didn't see that on the website

I am in talk with a local to do my system over the next week or so. I am going to look at buying that amp just to keep it as factory as possible.

I am surprised a tiny bit of copper cable will power the amp though

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well I have sent them an email for verification on the adaptor. If it is compatible then this will be my next purchase, this is exactly what I am after, sod running cables all the way to the boot!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
They have come back to me and said it would work in the Megane :)

We would need...

1 X THA275 pnp amplifer

1 x Connecting cable 7607622015

1 x Extension cable (either 2.5m or 5.0m)

Definitely my next purchase :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
And while you're at it, just get two packages of damping materials for the front doors. Will probably set you back another 40 pounds or so, but shouldn't cost you more than 4 hours to do and brings a big improvement too. It sounds like something that is only for real audio-freaks, but it really isn't.

Trust me, those 2 measures will bring you much more than simply replacing your speakers with something else. You won't be disappointed. :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
can someone explain how this all fits together? i used to have a promper amp years ago and a sub but cant work this out. There is a standard ISO connector that fits into the back of the stereo, i assume you unplug that and plug that connector into the amp mentioned above (maybe after plugging the extention cable mentioned above) then you use the 'special cable' mentioned above to connect the amp and the back of the megane stereo? am i right?

also, whats the best set of front speakers you can get?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
^Yeah pretty much, it just intercepts the feed from the back of the head unit, then outputs to your speakers through the original wires.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
can someone explain how this all fits together? i used to have a promper amp years ago and a sub but cant work this out. There is a standard ISO connector that fits into the back of the stereo, i assume you unplug that and plug that connector into the amp mentioned above (maybe after plugging the extention cable mentioned above) then you use the 'special cable' mentioned above to connect the amp and the back of the megane stereo? am i right?

also, whats the best set of front speakers you can get?
Well you really focus on rms power as a base - your speakers rms power should be lower than that of your amp

For example your speaker's rms is 35watt. Your amp's rms should be 35watt or higher

I am not sure how the extention cable interfaces but I would imagine that the car's cable plugs into a block on the extension cable. The extension cable splits into the head unit and then out into the amp. Or you could be right with the amp feeding back to the headunit

·
Registered
310 Posts
^Yeah pretty much, it just intercepts the feed from the back of the head unit, then outputs to your speakers through the original wires.
doesnt that go against the way you are supposed to do things with RCA outs and such? There must be a reason stereos use the pre-out RCAs into the amp and then you feed out of the amp to your speakers?? there must be a downside?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
But this amp is designed to incorporate all of your OEM fittings and wiring to save you the need of running a separate power feed, new speaker wires etc. Obviously it works as they wouldn't sell the product!

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I believe RCA's are a standard that all audio and video components use. The same as USB is the standard on computers

21 - 35 of 35 Posts