Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this? I did this on my old Fabia VRS with good results. Obviously you can get light units with black insides but these are very expensive compared to just splitting and painting. But is it possible on a meganes lights?

This was my fabias

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I'm also very interested in doing it, I think over xmas i'm going to buy a single headlight and have a crack at it:). How hard can it be lol.

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
I just bought a new set of lights. Still not got round to fitting them yet tho. Apparently there hid friendly and wont efect the new mot laws with relections and dazzling.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You'll not split the megane headlights., i've tried, the sealer isn't like most of the other lights i've split where once heated it goes soft and you can pull them apart. The megane headlights sealer stays solid even when heated, you'll end up just melting the headlight. I wanted to tint mine like R26r/xenons but it was a no go.
Russ

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advise mate. My fabias were easy they were heated up and the seal went tacky and pulled apart

·
Registered
77 Posts
Also interested in this. If it's not possible to split the r26 lights, I'm guessing .r non-xenons lights are going to be expensive?

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
I spent 3 hours this afternoon with the mrs s hairdryer & putting the light in & out of the oven. Iv got it half split but it isn't pretty. My idea is to put a bi-xenon unit in.
Cheers lee

·
Registered
250 Posts
You'll not split the megane headlights., i've tried, the sealer isn't like most of the other lights i've split where once heated it goes soft and you can pull them apart. The megane headlights sealer stays solid even when heated, you'll end up just melting the headlight. I wanted to tint mine like R26r/xenons but it was a no go.
Russ
X2. Tried mine recently and it was not going to happen! Would look ace though.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I've got some old Phase 2 halogen headlights cluttering up my garage if anyone wants to offer me a small fee for them. :)

How much would you be after for the drivers side.

One of mine has a hair line carck in the lens. Which you can't really see, but knowing its there does my dome in.

Cheers lad.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
These are the ones I had in my phase one meggy.

(please excuse the tacky LED strip!!!!! wasn't there for long)

Which are probably made by the same manufacture as the above.

They looked well. But quality was poor.

Im yet to see an aftermarket set for the phase 2.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts