Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many months I've finally found the time to put the car on the dyno. Quite pleased with the results!

Mods are:
1. BMC panel filter
2. KTEC 3" downpipe
3. Custom-made 3" exhaust
4. Fastchip Stage 1 remap

281hp at the wheels (or 323hp at engine if you factor 15% losses). Torque 393Nm.

Very nice boost control at about 1.3 bar all the way to 5500rpm before it starts to taper off. Smooth air-fuel ratio curve. Running a bit on the rich side but that's safe and I prefer it that way.

I might invest in a Stage 2 remap later and see how much more Henk can squeeze from the stock turbo.

redd

·
Registered
492 Posts
I mounted the AEM air fuel gauge when my Megane was stock and it runs even richer ,att full boost always between 11.5/1 and 11/1.

·
Registered
13 Posts
dyno dynamics is the only true rolling road figures I have seen dashtech ect all over what the dyno dynamics say example my ols sti 8 read 320 on a dashtech rolling road and 300 on the dynodynamics seen this time and time again its the way the car feels and drives which is important not trying to annoy any one what just stating facts

·
Registered
93 Posts
dyno dynamics is the only true rolling road figures I have seen dashtech ect all over what the dyno dynamics say example my ols sti 8 read 320 on a dashtech rolling road and 300 on the dynodynamics seen this time and time again its the way the car feels and drives which is important not trying to annoy any one what just stating facts
err what?

I'm inclined to take Dynoject figures straight up. Pretty much every 'jet' the world over reads similar, making it one of the easiest to compare.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
EP Guy - this was just the standard Stage 1 map. no special tweaks or whatever.

as for the dyno, i've always used this same shop and on the same machine and know it to be relatively accurate. All my other cars have run on this dyno, my friends' cars as well, and stock cars have usually given predictable (as claimed by manufacturer) numbers so I'm quite sure that it does not over read.

But you're right, you should only compare figures from the same dyno, preferably from the same shop.

redd

·
Registered
140 Posts
360hp is impossible on the standard turbo!

Edit, just seen they are using a hybrid or something, still cant see the stock exhaust housing flowing anywhere near that though
They seem to be using a Forge FMIC, Milltek exhaust and some other airfilter, and the turbo.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Going back the the OP's post - I'd be interested to know how the car performed on the rollers pre-map.

Interestingly enough, (ignoring dyno accuracy) this car seems to have higher peak power than most stg1 250 owners have seen (with similar mods), yet significantly less torque (393Nm = 290lb/ft)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts