Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wen in today to my man at PFlow to have a look at mine as it seems to be blowing :? on the join and low and behold it is, any who thats sorted now :D

so while having a chat to him he said to me about removing the middle box as its like metre long and put a small 500mm free flowing centre box in, it will give it a more deeper rumble wen ticking over but will keep the :twisted: noise i get from it wen i boot it and maybe even a bit louder again :shock: :twisted: :D

so think im going i might book it in to get done prob then end of the week maybe next,

wat you think do it or not :?: :?: :?:

G

·
well i got the backbox removed on the blueflame system and that sounds amazing, nice growl just tootling about and then roars like a wilderbeast when i stamp it. :D should sound good though wi the f250 backbox, get some sound clips up when you got it sorted

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
go for it your not losing anything are you just maybe a little louder if you think its worth it and worth the money then do it mate :D

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Andy,

The problem you may encounter is keeping the right pressures. The engine constantly monitors the pressure in the engine and if it isnt correct will give an alert light. You would need to be sure that this middle box is maintaining the pressure.

if it does then go for it!

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alex said:
Andy,

The problem you may encounter is keeping the right pressures. The engine constantly monitors the pressure in the engine and if it isnt correct will give an alert light. You would need to be sure that this middle box is maintaining the pressure.

bla bla :lol: didnt understand a word of that :wink: :lol:

yeah i know, its just a smaller free flowing box to give it a deeper note thats all, no performance gains from it i dont think, its just for noise realy.

mines to quiet for my likeing

·
Registered
147 Posts
andy bassett said:
Alex said:
Andy,

yeah i know, its just a smaller free flowing box to give it a deeper note thats all, no performance gains from it i dont think, its just for noise realy.

Andy' when you boot it I'm already hearing it in Deal!!

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
andy bassett said:
no mate you must be suffering deafness brought on by the voodoozorst©

I'm looking at having the RS Tuning one in the next few weeks cant decide weather to have a backbox or not, dont want it to be loud in the car al lower speeds thats my main worry, well actually its Mrs Jonnyboys main worry, my main worry is having my ear chewed if she thinks its too loud ;)

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
225%happy said:
andy bassett said:
Alex said:
Andy,

Andy' when you boot it I'm already hearing it in Deal!!
ahh yes but you cant feel it you see :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
710 Posts
thinks coz there is not enough back pressure if you have it chipped you will have got more benefit. the more free flowing the more bhp you will need thats what i think anyway

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
jonseal said:
andy bassett said:
no mate you must be suffering deafness brought on by the voodoozorst©

I'm looking at having the RS Tuning one in the next few weeks cant decide weather to have a backbox or not, dont want it to be loud in the car al lower speeds thats my main worry, well actually its Mrs Jonnyboys main worry, my main worry is having my ear chewed if she thinks its too loud ;)
Sounds like you need the magnex one its no louder than standard in the car, even when booting it, but outside it has a nice deep tone to it, which is the same level no matter how hard you revi t!

·
Registered
227 Posts
What price is the Magnex, I like the idea of it not being any louder on the inside, well when I say "I Like the Idea" I mean I like the idea of not being moaned at for having a louder exhaust. Not even got the car yet and I want to change the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I think £380 ish but if your off to FCS you'll be able to hear it in the flesh

I dont know what the blueflame one is like, but the magnex one is excellent in my opinion.

i put a clip up in the videos area but its a bit pants because of my misfire
phil

1 - 18 of 18 Posts