Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My steering has just started getting heavy and the car steering fails to self centre after turning through tight corners.

Is this likely a problem with the hub bearings, if so is it possible to clean or lube them up or is it a replacement job ?

What sort of cost are we looking at here ??

Cheers

WG

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
its possible but not easy do a search mate loads of stuff on the, might be worth joining up fully as you wont be able to view most of the threads about it

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've got some lower hub bearings for sale £35+p&p each and reasonably straight forward to replace if your mechanically minded, we can fit though if you need !!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Just in the process of getting mine sorted, mine was exactly the same ! Cost me £300 for the drivers side including labour and VAT from a local independent, who I won't be using again !

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Yep, tis true Bear ! Mines on an 07, steering was getting terrible not self centring. Halfway to being sorted now though

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I'm on 46k now. Had it in to Paul at RST and he's just let me know today that the passenger side is now also seized

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
its the same hub did you think it was going to be different have done a R26 on a 07 plate with 50k on the clock

·
Registered
687 Posts
i dont know wether this is the same sort of problem but my steering will not hold in the centre, it pulls strongly to offside and is all over the place under hard acceleration and still pulls offside when under braking. i understand camber of the road and tyre and road temperatures can affect this, but ive had the wheels laser alligned and tracking checked and it was marginally out (they didnt charge me because of this) could it be any of the ball joints or bearings???? does anyone have any ideas????? sorry to post my problem on someone elses thread but its not worth making a new one for :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

Im a new member and am having the same issue with my renault megane 225 08 model which has about 48K on the clock. From what i am reading is it just the hubs that cause the heavy/non centering steering problem or do you also need to replace the tie rods.

Look forward to hearing back from you guys, great to talk to people that have the same interest in the renault megane.

Regards

Andrew

1 - 18 of 18 Posts