Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
I'd be pleasently suprised if you can find an adaptor that works the steering wheel remote with an after market headunit. I've got a pioneer HU and as far as i know nothing works with it. Might be different for JVC though.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Hey... i got my stalk controler adaptor from incartec.

www.incartec.co.uk

I have a std "update" list radio in my cup, fitted a Alpine head unit, an the adaptor works great.

Check them out.

Dom

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah,

Dom i called them yesterday and they do the stork controller for the analogue unit. If it says "Tuner List" on the radio its the analogue varient.

Cost me £41 incl postage. Got it through this morning.

Myself and adam (Shiny) are putting the install in this weekend.

Come sunday afternoon ill have a fully working in-car PC with dvd headunit and 7" motorised touchscreen monitor.

Pics to follow once its in.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Dom does that adapter work the normal display aswell?l I have an "Update" list aswell Was thinking about changing my headunit

·
Premium Member
10,543 Posts
The InCarTec leads will display the name of the radio manufacturer on the display, as well as anything you do with the remote buttons. So if you turn the volume down it will display "Vol -" or something.

I've just noticed this on the Connects2 forum:

"We have developed a display adapter for this vehicle, but it is only licensed to Renault themselves. We expect the item to be finished in the next couple of weeks so you should be able to buy it off a Renault dealer soon."

They are talking about the adaptor for the Update List headunit. Connects 2 adaptors show loads more stuff, like track info, RDS etc. When it will be available though would be anyones guess. They are very slow.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris,

From my chats with the guys at incartek there are 3 types of radio on the megane range.

1. upto late 2004 they used analog controlled non canbus radios
2. New canbus radios (Digital interface)
3. Cabasse

at the moment they have developed stork controllers for both the analogue and digital range of radios. The analogue ones have tuner list on the front and the digital ones have update list on the front.

The digital interfaces cost about £100 where the analogue ones cost about £40-£50.

They said they are trying to devlop a cabasse controller at the moment.

Hopet his helps.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
CHRISTOS said:
Dom does that adapter work the normal display aswell?l I have an "Update" list aswell Was thinking about changing my headunit
It showes in the dash display the brand of the radio.....so for me it says Alpine.

The only thing i dont like (an i think this is more to do with the radio than the adapter) is when i scroll up to the next radio station it seeks the next channel, instead of going to the next pre set radio station.

But as i said i think thats a radio issue ... i need to work out if i can just have it on pre set stations so it will scroll from station to station.

My original head unit was "update list" ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts