Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just discovered this when swapping plugs, 2 of the coil packs have stripped threads so I can't really tighten them,
is this likely to be a problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
Has anyone who has had this happen to them also had a really annoying noise come through into the cabin? Reason I ask is my 225 has developed a really annoying rattle around 2-3K (depending on road speed & gear) that you can really only hear in the cabin and a quick shufty under the bonnet reveals that the bolt for coil on the far left (driver's side) was loose & thus the coil was flapping around. The bolt tightened up a bit so now there's very little vertical movement but an awful lot of lateral movement in the coil/

I can only hear the noise when the engine is up to temperature which (I think) rules out a dashboard rattle and sticking my head under the bonnet with the car 'idling' @ 2K there's a definite increase in noise from that area of the engine....

Will get it helicoiled asap but just wondered if anyone had the noise?

Cheers,

P

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi Bud, I hade the same problem, I damaged the threads on a coil pack. A friend of mine re tapped the thread with a 7 so all was good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts