Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any known replacement R26 handbrakes...it's at the wrong angle and the stupid button sticks, really useless if used in anger.
I think I will just remove the button locking mech....any idea's ??

·
Registered
144 Posts
Why do you want to do handbrake turns? The only time I can ever think it useful is in rallying.
Are you a rally driver?

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
ha ha ha........tossers
Mature.

Wouldnt really benefit you anyway, the ABS/ESP makes it very hard to handbrake. If your that desperate pull the fuse out for the abs, that will let you do what you like. But with the attitude tbf mate we dont need people like you on the forum.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks bradders...a useful reply at last...I will try that, good point, surely I'm not the first to find the handbrake operation less than ideal, the button just seems to stick and fails to release quickly.
As regards my attitude...I am sure the cheeky young whipper snappers craigrs and webby won't be too offended considering the condescending tone of their initial replies...
and in answer to them yes I have been rally driving for more than 30 years (but not in this car) I am older than their combined ages and hill climb the car hence the desire to occasionally lock the rear wheels on very tight hairpins....OK?

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Thanks bradders...a useful reply at last...I will try that, good point, surely I'm not the first to find the handbrake operation less than ideal, the button just seems to stick and fails to release quickly.
As regards my attitude...I am sure the cheeky young whipper snappers craigrs and webby won't be too offended considering the condescending tone of their initial replies...
and in answer to them yes I have been rally driving for more than 30 years (but not in this car) I am older than their combined ages and hill climb the car hence the desire to occasionally lock the rear wheels on very tight hairpins....OK?
Fair comment but calling people tossers isnt the best way to make friends. Fair enough I'll agree that some of the comments were condecending but with the rep of the car you do get the odd jack the lad with the strangest of comments/questions who turn out to be young fools who like to bump insurance up.

The car is scary if you pull the fuse out I must warn you now, I have a PH1 with the stupid TC that can only be turned off upto 30mph so I removed the fuse assuming it would just disable the TC, instead it totally disabled the ABS/ESR/ASR according the dash. The car liked to go sideways without the aid of the handbrake so I'd assume that it would work for what you want.

No doubt if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fair one and apologies to anyone who took offence....I shall try your method and report back...could be fun finding out the differences methinks...maybe not in the snow though !! thanks

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Fair one and apologies to anyone who took offence....I shall try your method and report back...could be fun finding out the differences methinks...maybe not in the snow though !! thanks
I find the car bad enough in the snow without pulling the fuse out lol. So I'd give it a miss haha

·
Registered
144 Posts
you answerd my question thank you. i try not to be condescending in my reply but if your reply was to do it in mcD's car park for the 16 year olds. you wouldnt of got any help. as the cars become a little cheaper the idiot who buy them will increase. thats the type of person i dont want to be accosiated with. why i asked the rallying question.
this chap here seems to be doing alright with the handbrake.
[video=youtube;IG7zfB1ty8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG7zfB1ty8w&feature=related[/video]

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you answerd my question thank you. i try not to be condescending in my reply but if your reply was to do it in mcD's car park for the 16 year olds. you wouldnt of got any help. as the cars become a little cheaper the idiot who buy them will increase. thats the type of person i dont want to be accosiated with. why i asked the rallying question.
this chap here seems to be doing alright with the handbrake.
[video=youtube;IG7zfB1ty8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG7zfB1ty8w&feature=related[/video]
understood...and agreed...misread you...........good video clip !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts