Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that I am getting a lot of turbo / intake noise from the car..

When accelerating the intake noise / turbo chatter is considerably louder, if you load up the turbo and let off it gives a loud turbulent whooshing sucking noise??

When accelerating the intake noise is a lot louder, as above a strong whooshing noise then chattering when lifting off?

Now is this down to the colder weather, denser air etc.? Or do I need to investigate further??? :detective:

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Mine sounds like that with the air box mod, I hear the turbo spool up a lot quicker and the sucking in sound of air, but when I let off its sound as if it's sucking in air but Bogs down which it's not it's just as the car slows down its taking in less air. Unless it is something bad and were in the same boat.

I'll pop round One night Gray and see how the compare??

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You spanner,
I bet your drivers window isn't closed properly causing a whooshing noise!
LOL, wish it was a window ;)

Checked all the pipes and vac hoses... Nothing has popped off hhmmm?!

It's really loud.. Not a clue?!!

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine sounds like that with the air box mod, I hear the turbo spool up a lot quicker and the sucking in sound of air, but when I let off its sound as if it's sucking in air but Bogs down which it's not it's just as the car slows down its taking in less air. Unless it is something bad and were in the same boat.

I'll pop round One night Gray and see how the compare??
I've had my airbox mod and hybrid turbo fitted since March / April time... It's only started these noises in the last two weeks though..

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I can't compare mine,
It's not been driven for nearly 2 months
Sounds like it could be down to weather tho,
Mine was loud under load especially when going up hills

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldnt do anything to the standard airbox. Including drilling ot anything of the sort. Might as well stick a cone filter on there and welcome all the heatsoak in.
I am running a hybrid turbo, the airbox needed to me modified to provide sufficient air flow.

·
Registered
779 Posts
It will be the colder air mate. My clutch is completely f**ked from the proper cold weather came in. any boost at all it just laughs at me slips and says no deal :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts