Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have to drop the sub frame to change a shock absorber,as that is what the Stealers are telling me why it has taken all day to change and will not be ready for another day.
My mate garage states 2.2hrs for a front shock.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Lol which idiots are telling you that? (not far from you) I'm guessing someones been playing with it all day before realising (or not) that you have to drop the strut and hub complete off the car to change one. God only knows what damage they've probably caused.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well makes me think that it does not add up.
As posted last week the car went in with a knocking noise from the drivers front end.
Stealers change engine mount and track rod (I think) under warranty.was told that it had a very slight knock but would not notice from the shock but was not covered as wear and tear.Well as bad as first went in!
Got Reno customer service involved and are paying 60% of the cost for a new shock as stealers have stated it's the shock.
Makes me wonder if a new shock was fitted but knocking noise still there.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got car back after a day and half.

Bill came to £40 less than quoted!
One for Lemonnobby one of the parts fitted apart from the front shock was a s/abs frt code 8200647895.
can you find out for me what it is and what's it to do with fiiting the front shocker.

Thanks

Jacko

1 - 8 of 8 Posts