Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a few people had issues with misted up lights, thought it might be a good idea to list YOUR issues if any on your megane 250 RS. Warranty on mine runs out next feb but like most of us it would be good to know about any problems so we could get them sorted, recalls etc. Cheers for looking hopefully it can help anyone looking for a used one too, forewarned is forearmed!!!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Only a couple of issues on ours. Sept 2010 1st reg with 2800 miles.
1) N.S h.light misting, replaced today by Reno Lincoln, not warranty tho, had to go thru Reno Uk to sort.
2) N.S door not shutting properly, soon resolved by dealer.

Did ask Lincoln Reno about any recalls outstanding, non at all. Asked about cambelt issues, again, told nothing to worry about. Asked about yearly service, nope, they still advise 2 yrly at a price of £296.00 or if I want an oil change b4 hand it'll be £120

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The OBC screen (part of the speedo) on the dash broke, Renault replaced it on the warrantee.
Had a Recaro seat rattle. After demoing it to a tech they replaced the whole subframe and it's been fine since.
Rear light looked like it was missing a washer and had dropped and was rubbing against the paintwork. Renault took a look, had a car a few days and resprayed the panel and fixed the light in the correct place.

None of these were major issues to be fair and were all dealt with well. Renault Cardiff struggled a bit with the speedo replacement as they were sent the wrong part and had my car for about 4 weeks, but it was all fixed in the end.

No mechanical issues at all so far. The car's done 4 trackdays and Nurburgring visit and it's been solid. I'll give it an oil change and a brake clean up before I start tracking it in the summer. Thumbs up so far, far less issues than I had from my Fiesta ST.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got the same Recaro rattle it seems that it comes from the thing where you clip the seat belt? Any ideas what can I point to the Reanault man so they will know what to do without pointless guessing and looking for the caus?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I would say keep it away from the renault Garages mine went in fine and come out with a really bad engine rattle which made it sound worse than the other halfs old Astra Derv, i took it back 4 times and all i got told was its how they sound? last week i swapped her in :0(

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I would say keep it away from the renault Garages mine went in fine and come out with a really bad engine rattle which made it sound worse than the other halfs old Astra Derv, i took it back 4 times and all i got told was its how they sound? last week i swapped her in :0(
To be honest, if I had a big service due (like the belts service), or wanted something serious looked at I'd take it to KTEC or BTM instead.

It's noit just Renault who are bad, I've found most dealerships to be pretty terrible.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Very true but i had to get rid of her as MPG dropped threw the floor as well i know there not the best bust she was losing 10mpg from before 31mpg at best on the motorway where as before she was getting early 40s

·
Events Co-ordinator
1,347 Posts
Don't know how you manage 40mpg when i first had mine i was getting 32mpg since remap 37 mpg and that's keeping to 70mph on motorway

·
Registered
274 Posts
steady 6th gear i was well happy to be getting the MPG i was on the long runs as i have to go to north yorkshire a fair bit last time i ever take my car to renault i should have stuck with K-teck where i first went to, More than anything renault still have not changed there ITS HOW THEY SOUND crap i used to get before after the 19 16v and then the clio 16v its why i left renault and went to pugs/honda

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
40mpg is pretty impressive.

At a steady 70 I can get 36-37mpg over a long journey. Driving like a saint I can get 34mpg on my morning commute, but it averages out at 27.7. Which is fine by me really.

·
Registered
132 Posts
40mpg is pretty impressive.

At a steady 70 I can get 36-37mpg over a long journey. Driving like a saint I can get 34mpg on my morning commute, but it averages out at 27.7. Which is fine by me really.
Same. Guy who picked my car up for me reckoned he got over 40 bristol -> manchester, but i have no idea how he did it. At a steady 70 on the limiter the best i can do is late 30s.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
If you kept at about 60 you'd probably notice a big improvement (keep it at 50 and you'll be laughing - but you'll never get anywhere!)

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I've got the same Recaro rattle it seems that it comes from the thing where you clip the seat belt? Any ideas what can I point to the Reanault man so they will know what to do without pointless guessing and looking for the caus?
Yes I had a couple of rattles... The seat was rocking slightly on the subframe and also had the same/similar rattle from passenger seat belt area.. Both issues were cured when the fitted the new Recaro subframe. Re others comments - not sure why you wouldn't take it back to a Renault dealer if it's a warranty issue.

Capsicum Red RS 250 + Cup Chassis Pack, 18" A-XL, RS Monitor, Leather Recaros, Visibility Pack, Arkamys

·
Registered
274 Posts
due to the fact every time i took my car in it come out worse with even more problems always the same even in the past thats why i walked away in the end :0(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts