Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the thermostate which then needed about four litres of renault coolant after tcare gone had been running very cold the last few weeks. I ran the engine until the fans came on three times, all pipework was hot, water returning to reservoir and the fans inside the car were blowing hot air.

I have a scanguage, this shows the water temp on the motorway at 89-91 degrees, that seems high? Although the cars temp gauge shows normal. Hmmmmmm :/

(oh BTW if renault tell you that you'll need a gasket for the thermostat, you don't as it comes with one. I now have a spare!)

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I remember it used to run around 80-85 before but there may have always been a problem.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Nope thats normal running temp its an 89c thermostat, will probably have been sticking a little before hence the lower temp.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
It will briefly rise to that yes, but should return to as near as damnit to 89c quickly. If it is commonly exceding this then it may be time to check the rad for leaks if it hasn't already been replaced.

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to start charging my the hour....just supply some protein filled lunch and some healthy carbs as I'll need it to keep my fingers warm!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts