Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty set on a new RS225 but to make sure that its a good decision I am taking a drive in an ST in ..erm 90 minutes.

Should be an interesting comparison.

/Vol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
I had a test drive in the ST last week. I didn't really like the clutch on it and the gauges on the centre seemed a bit cheap. Also a ST with bluetooth has 6mths delay.
 
G

·
Vol said:
if its 6 months then its a forgone conculsion
I would be interested in what your dealer says... make sure you ask them for delivery times on the ST and not the ST2 or ST3. We have been told that Ford have not got ST delivery dates planned until they have finished with ST2 & 3 production - to get consumers buying the more expensive vehicle!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
BuyMyNewCar.co.uk said:
ado said:
I had a test drive in the ST last week. I didn't really like the clutch on it and the gauges on the centre seemed a bit cheap. Also a ST with bluetooth has 6mths delay.
At least 6 months delay on a Standard ST .

Anyone read French?

http://www.echappement.com/sommaire.htm
Is it something to do with Ford not supplying fleet cars so they can make customer go to their dealers and pay ridiculous prices?
 
G

·
ado said:
BuyMyNewCar.co.uk said:
ado said:
I had a test drive in the ST last week. I didn't really like the clutch on it and the gauges on the centre seemed a bit cheap. Also a ST with bluetooth has 6mths delay.
At least 6 months delay on a Standard ST .

Anyone read French?

http://www.echappement.com/sommaire.htm
Is it something to do with Ford not supplying fleet cars so they can make customer go to their dealers and pay ridiculous prices?
They are not helping themselves really, we have 30 on order with no delivery dates from Ford yet. Some of these orders are from November :-(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Davelee225 said:
Vol, sounds clear cut mate :lol:
You know you want a 225 :wink: . The ford dealer rang me yesterday and as soon as I said I don't wanna wait 6 mths for delivery she just hung up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Nope, thats the ST out already. Really like the 225 but may wait until jan for the new CTR.
 
G

·
ado said:
Nope, thats the ST out already. Really like the 225 but may wait until jan for the new CTR.
New Civic is just a bit to weird 4 me m8 + lets wait and see how many cofin dodgers buy them..... ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
I am not the biggest fan of the rear but I just love the interior. Also when I got the Megane not many people liked them but after around 3mths there was loads.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the thing that I didnt mention was that the Sales Manager at the stealers said very clearly that availability wasnt an issue.

He said he was 100% confident that he could get even an ST1 within 8 weeks.

If you want one :lol:

But yes I am going to get another 225. Nothing else has me buzzing.

I am gonna sell my Type-R in the next 2 weeks and once its gone place an order for the Meg. Just need to decide on the colour now
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top