Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see quite a few varying stories from people who have only done the stage 1 rs tuning map but I'd like to get as many peoples experiences in 1 place if thats ok?

If you have/had a stage 1 225/230 can you please reply with pre-mapped mpg and after mapping mpg?

Trying to decide and as the 225 is our sensible car this is likely to be the only power mod that would be done to it and only really because if the mpg definitly rose then I would definitly map it. If its less clearcut I may just leave well alone and waste more money on the clio, surely you dont want that MS?! ;)

Cheers
John

·
Registered
231 Posts
I went down to leeds on cruise control at 70mph and averaged 31.6 mpg. I got mapped then headed to silverstone for the world series. I was fannying about a bit due to new map etc and the average came down to 28.4 mpg.

I re-set the computer and came home from silverstone on cruise control at 75ish mph (i.e. a few miles an hour faster) and averaged 32.2mpg.

It should be noted there were no big hold ups etc in either direction.

Running around town I get 22mpg and that's no different from before...

So to conclude it's slightly better (marginal) on MPG and more power and more torque. It is win win.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am interested in the answers to this... Also anyone with stage one remap had any issues with there clutch starting to slip due to the extra power?

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mm a little improvement is ok, obviously we didn't get it as an economical car so I don't expect a huge difference. If it went down though I'd be gutted! I'll wait for a few more replies before making my mind up but cheers for that so far.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Mm a little improvement is ok, obviously we didn't get it as an economical car so I don't expect a huge difference. If it went down though I'd be gutted! I'll wait for a few more replies before making my mind up but cheers for that so far.
it will go down the first moth as you will be too busy having fun. buy after that it will improve it just depends how you drive it I can get 28 round town if I drive like my nan :)

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Before I Was getting 26-27 mpg on the way to work, now I get 31-32 mpg over a week.

Trip from Peterborough too cornwall I was getting 41.4 (with out cc on) before remap but haven't tested it in this distance yet. I have reached 38 mpg on a trip to notts doing 60-70 mph

·
Registered
296 Posts
it will go down the first moth as you will be too busy having fun. buy after that it will improve it just depends how you drive it I can get 28 round town if I drive like my nan :)
How you getting 28 round town mate!

I get about 22 taking it easy lol

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Seems strange people are looking for extra MPG if you increase the power of the engine.
Last thing on my list when i had my stage 1.

I was much more interested in the way the car was totally transformed into a much more responsive motor.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
How you getting 28 round town mate!

I get about 22 taking it easy lol
ok driving to town then round lol. I class my old commute as roof town as it was stop start but with a smige of clear road and if really trying 28 was possible but in reality 23 is what im normally closer too. but like Andrew says its not about mpg it's about how the car drives!

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seems strange people are looking for extra MPG if you increase the power of the engine.
Last thing on my list when i had my stage 1.

I was much more interested in the way the car was totally transformed into a much more responsive motor.
Fair enough, that's not what we bought it for, wanted a fast family hatch, got a 172 that I ruin with mods, the 225 is more than fast enough for our needs so that's why I'm not chasing power with it.

Thanks for the replies, it would seem that the people who get big improvements are in the overwhelming minority, mmm time to ponder!

·
Registered
296 Posts
ok driving to town then round lol. I class my old commute as roof town as it was stop start but with a smige of clear road and if really trying 28 was possible but in reality 23 is what im normally closer too. but like Andrew says its not about mpg it's about how the car drives!
Oh yeah agree with you there just thought mine was broke or something lol

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Iv allways averaged around 27-28 for my work commute on standard/stage1/stage2 map its allways been the same

(i can get more on long journeys by the way, my work is about 12miles away)

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
No noticeable difference in my mpg, nothing to get excited about anyway.

32 - 33 typically on long motorway runs, low to mid 20s in spirited driving on the road, teens on track.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
I have managed 41mpg on stage2. mixed drive on country roads and highways. southern part of UK.

but back to the topic:
after more than 50.000 on stage1&2 I can tell you there is almost no difference between stock and stage1 unless you press the pedal to the metal. and I mean real pressure, not some in-between blast on some country side roads.
so unless you don't take the car to mph 120+ for a longer period of time you won't experience any difference between stock and stage1.
let me put it this way: stage1 is the ECU map the MRS2 should have come out of factory.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Average around low 30s on my commute to work, i have no doubt that i could improve on that but from wednesday onwards my drives home get quicker!

Best track figure is 13mpg ;)

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Fair enough, that's not what we bought it for, wanted a fast family hatch, got a 172 that I ruin with mods, the 225 is more than fast enough for our needs so that's why I'm not chasing power with it.

Thanks for the replies, it would seem that the people who get big improvements are in the overwhelming minority, mmm time to ponder!
Then in that case,the definitive answer is you will only get a few extra MPG with a remap.
As a financial potential saving over time..no.

·
Registered
161 Posts
On way down to leeds i got about 34 and on the way back i was getting about 31 but in general driving on weekends and work (down 2 country lanes) i get mid 20's and low 20's if im giving it some having a bit of fun

1 - 20 of 21 Posts